9 We Better Come Back Here Four Years Later

We Better Come Back Here Four Years Later

Posted on February 15, 2014 by team

Maybe Nizhny Novgorod (Russia) does not look attractive today but at least it has hope for future changes. It is going to hold the Football Championship in 2018 and the government has promised that the city will get a new look by then, and we hope it will. They have managed to beautify Sochi, after all.

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

9 Responses to “We Better Come Back Here Four Years Later”

1. Faith Gorodki says:

In Finland we have this thing called kurjuuden maksimointi.

2. john says:

Interesting old buildings,there comes a time when out with the old in with the new.I hope people there get better lives, when they do the redo.

3. Tutan Camon says:

Steampunk town……

4. Mandea says:

Hm, some of the houses are not ugly at all, they just need some repairs. Some of them unfortunately are too rotten or cracked (they might have been built on soft soil). I hope the town leaders will keep as much of them because they are the soul of the city. New buildings are to be found anywhere on Earth and they all look the same (and bad).

5. Dag says:

Need bulldozer to smash building down.

6. Jean says:

This city is in need of revitalisation, giving work and a nice future to its citizens, while there is nothing wrong with the situation now it can always be better and I suspect that the local government thinks also. In RUSSIA we call this thing PROGRESS. In Holland we call it Vooruitgang. And this is unstoppable.

7. Aelka says:

I live in this city – it is not the worst one in the country!!! It is rather economically developed and there are some nice spots – like large and modern business centers and department stores. They don`t raze them to the ground because these shabby homes make a historical look of the city,they say so, and they also do not reconstruct and renovate them – because there is no money…that is what they say, that I think sounds very strange – after the extremely expensive Olymics.. Russia is a prosperous country. but unfortuneately corruption remains an acute problem…

8. Maxim Ч. says:

I LOVE Nizhniy! Been there a few times in the last few years :-)

I also like that the older part of the town has so many wooden houses/buildings still standing. It’s REALLY charming for a huge Russian city to have these. I just wish that they were kept in repair D-:

9. xaxa says:

Russian cities are usually pretty ugly