9 The Last Breath of the Soviet Military Power

The Last Breath of the Soviet Military Power

Posted on January 15, 2014 by team

This country used to build its powerful air fleet, make jet engines and prepare military specialists. However by the 1980s it was hopelessly left behind in the arms race. Today it has an endless number of defence objects all over the country. And this is one of them, located right in the capital, an abandoned area where jet engines used to be tested. It looks like a technical museum, but it is not. People have not cared about this place since the 80s.

Also see this:

9 Responses to “The Last Breath of the Soviet Military Power”

1. Jan Miśkowiec says:

Could someone post the coordinates of this place from google maps? :) or just send it to me johnym89@gmail.com
    Thanks! :)

2. Jan Miśkowiec says:

Thanks! :)

3. john says:

Good posting,i think of the talent that use to work there.

4. marlin says:

i want those stained glass windows! Any reader in Moscow who wants to get them for me I will pay handsomely!

5. barry trotter says:

That picture of Putin dates from 1998 when he was director of the FSB…

6. 3ducation says:

The arms race never happened. US military budget was, at all times after WWII, at least ten times greater than that of the USSR (and the rest of the world). No wonder, since the whole world owed America trillions and trillions of dollars…

7. MrSatyre says:

Really? That was in the city? I guess the folks in power really didn’t care who they pissed off with the roar and stench of jet engines!

8. Konstantin says:

I would take a drill press home and fix it.What a shame some of equipment still can be used.

9. Jean says:

When RODINA was shitting out rubels like the americans pissed dollars, they had also had 12 aircraft carriers, and the rest including wars wich consumed (read: destroyed) a lot of fellow countrymen. But RODINA was (and IS) a normal peaceful country from wich a lot of others can LEARN something. AND I LOVE IT.