6 Has Anyone Seen My Parcel?

Has Anyone Seen My Parcel?

Posted on May 14, 2013 by team

One Russian villager recently found the place where the Russian Post had delivered some parcels. This place was .. a ditch.

6 Responses to “Has Anyone Seen My Parcel?”

1. George Johnson says:

Hey, that stuff gets heavy after a while, I wouldn’t want to carry it all day long either!

2. athome says:

Bought from Russia and Ukraina before on ebay, never had a problem; however, the last item I bought last January apparently got lost; but it showed up in my mailbox across the pond 3 months later. Meanwhile, the seller gave me a full refund…

3. Steamed McQueen says:

Nothing unusual for Russian postal. While living in St. Petersburg I would often pass by dumpsters full of undelivered mail.

Anything arriving from outside the country was likely to be discarded -once it had been opened of course. I had a friend who received a birthday card from his parents. All he received was the opened envelope, no card inside.

Russian post cannot be trusted. Ever. Sad, but true.

It’s why FedEx charges twice as much to deliver anything in Russia.

4. ben says:

I have bought many things from russia and ukraine without problems did have a card go missing I sent to vladivostok and also had one go missing in return but it does take a long time up to six weeks for a simple card or small packet !

5. bob says:

Never…ever, had problems with posted items to/from FSU (UK resident). Iv’e sent and had returned cameras/lenses and bought items from several countries – Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Kazakstan!

Sometimes take several weeks but always have arrived. It happens worldwide, so don’t just use the stick to beat the former soviets postal service.

In the last 12 months, 3 British postmen/postal workers have gone to jail for stealing/dumping mail and packages. It’s a regular occurrence in the USA.

6. javox says:

i recieved few parcels from moscow and everythin was fine, even inside one was a bottle of vodka, kaufman, and wasnt broken =) hehehe