8 Army Instagram

Army Instagram

Posted on February 27, 2013 by team

This is why you need Instagram - photos of food and clothes can't stand in comparison with people who take their Instagram to army.

Also see this:

8 Responses to “Army Instagram”

1. RB says:

It might not seem to hard a life but I am heading for sixty years old and trust me there is a reason us old folks just cant quite do them push ups. Love everything about Russia though except the drinking which is no worse or even less worse than what we are doing to are-selves here in the west.
    Is that a bottle of Pepsi on the table? If so you can have all you want for free ok just don’t bomb us. LOL

2. XyuH says:

If you remove
    * Smartphones
    * Flat screen TV
    * 2 Liter pop

it would be impossible to tell which decade it is 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s or 10s. Colorization would clue that its somewhat recent though.

3. popcorn says:

just so you know the Daily Mail trawls englishrussia for stories now and has been for the last few months….

4. schtuka says:

compare d to my days in Soviet Army this is a walk in the park. although some of the rituals and customs I see still in order.

5. Thinking is great says:

Discipline and respect is too much to comprehend for most people in the west. Sadly its the truth.

6. EuToGo says:

Pepsi!

7. IamBJC says:

Well THIS is something I never in a million years thought I would ever get to see! Life in the Soviet Army shown through the eyes of an ordinary guy. It makes me realize just how similar we are in so many ways, yet how far apart at the same time. For example, those beds could be in an American barracks. Then there’s the obvious hardship of daily life there compared to the American military. Even when I was in (it was FAR harder then than now) it was a cake-walk compared to these photos. It goes to exactly what I’ve known for years–we are getting WAY TOO SOFT on our soldiers/sailors/airmen. Basic training SUCKS–NOBODY will deny it. But, when you compare it to the countries we may some day face in battle, they are FAR more prepared when it comes to living in extreme and nightmarish conditions. I’m not saying for one second who is better, only that it’s obvious that these photos depict a life–a normal daily life–that an American soldier would never in a million years volunteer for these days. There is no doubt in my mind that these guys here are damned tough. I will bet that when they see how American soldiers live they just laugh at how easy and soft it is. I can’t say I blame them, either. I am INCREDIBLY PROUD of our soldiers/sailors/airmen and love them ALL dearly. I do think, though, that we need to start getting back to that basic toughness like was endured during WWII, WWI, and before–like these guys here are experiencing. Imagine what our forces would be like THEN! Any country is foolish to go against us. But, take away certain comforts and who knows what would happen? What I am certain of is that when I was in I can truly say that these guys are living FAR more difficult a life than I was. And, if certain comforts were taken away from me it would affect me adversely and severely whereas these guys here would just see it as another ordinary day. My hat’s off to them, they definitely earn their peanuts. I’m just glad we are no longer mortal enemies. Oh, you have no idea just how glad I am of that. VERY interesting bunch of photos. Thanks for posting them. I really enjoy seeing how “the other side” lives/lived. It really puts things into perspective for me.

8. Megumi says:

I just thought not wanna be against them,because they are just same as us,nothing differenses.wanna be living together on far apart.,just earn ordinary day .