Today we are going to brighten this day with a nice dish: ham stuffed with cranberries and served with garnish from vegetables and fruits and salad mix. We hope some readers of ER will try to make it.
We are going to need:
- ham (whole boneless pork buttock).
- garlic, carrots, a large handful of fresh cranberries.
- for garnish - Cuban potatoes, pears, apples, a pineapple, cauliflower, carrots, onions, cranberries, grain mustard, sugar, egg yolk.
- for marinade - cloves, ginger, pepper, dried thyme, basil and rosemary, several hot peppers and bay leaves, honey, salt, soy sauce and sherry.
- for salad mix - fresh lettuce Lola Ross, spinach, sorrel, a bit of mint, parsley and dill, roasted pumpkin seeds and oil from Carapelli fruits and cereals.
First the ham is to be marinated. So cooking starts a day before serving.
We pour water into the pot, add spices - cloves, ginger, pepper, dried thyme, rosemary, basil, bay leaves, a little of honey to bring this all to a boil. Besides, we add salt too.
We should let it boil for five minutes. Then we add soy sauce and sherry. The marinade is to be cooled and then poured over the ham. Now it is ready to be put into the fridge for one night.
The next day we take the ham out from the marinade and let it dry for some time. Then we peel the carrots and garlic and prepare cranberries. If garlic cloves are too big, cut them into halves. The carrots are to be cut into long strips.