24 I Am From Moscow

I Am From Moscow

Posted on December 11, 2012 by team

The woman requires to find those who killed her son.

24 Responses to “I Am From Moscow”

1. Russiafan says:

In a Internet magazine that consistently publishes remarkable photographs, these are among the best you have ever published.

2. YJ says:

Funky and unique looking people.

3. Jim-Bob says:

The one that was the most poignant for me was the old man in the heavily decorated uniform with the bouquet of flowers. It made me wonder what they were for, a funeral perhaps? That then made me think about the inexorable trend of decay and death that all must face and how quickly it comes about. Were the flowers for the grave of a former comrade in arms during the Great Patriotic War? How young he must have been when first he wore that uniform, and yet now, at the end, his life is irrelevant and all he has left is to wait for his turn to die.

• Babysitter says:

This bouquet doesn’t look like funeral one. Perhaps it was given to him during Victory day celebration. Also, most of his medals are jubilee/honorary but I recognize combat medal “For courage” and “For the Defence of Stalingrad” in the upper row.

• Keenan says:

I know by looking at that photo it was taken on May 9th.It is their Victory Day Parade Celebration .I went to Ukraine last May and saw theirs.It was awesome and I took 2,500 photos

• al-muell says:

He has Order of the Red Star (most likely given for 15 years of service), Order of the Patriotic War 1st class (probably 1985 anniversary awarding), Order of Patriotic War 2nd(?) class, Medal for Bravery, two medals for the Combat MErits (one of them most likely for 10 years of service). He also has at least 2 campaign medals – defence of Moscow and Defence of Stalingrad. He also has an academy badge, so he probably held the rank of colonel before he retired. Yes, many of his awardsare jubilee/long service medals, but this man had proved himself brave during the War

4. Patriot says:

This is what this website and blog should be about. Not idiots climbing 300ft towers and pretending to be superman or Supergirl. Keep this up and I’ll laugh less and enjoy more.

5. Leonid says:

Excellent photos !

6. Michael says:

In one pic there is a guy that looks like Brad Pitt :)

7. JD says:

Some of those guys would look perfectly normal in the streets of modern New York. Great pics.

8. Maria van Overbeek says:

I find these portraits confronting, touching and bizar !

9. Fred Johnson says:

Why can’t guys keep their tongues in their mouths? It’s like they don’t know what to do in front of a camera, they feel they have to “do something”, and not just smile. So they stick their tongues out, and look like idiots instead.
    Just smile…..

10. alessio215 says:

oh my goodness! I tought they all belonged to the adam’s family

and for the officers: didn’t they never teached you how to dress uniforms?

11. komar says:

HEY JIM BOB 1 I AM FROM GERMANY EAST;
    EVERY YEAR THE 9.mai is day of liberation of hitlerfaschismus and every year many young pupils and childrens they make “thanks giving day” and give present: flowers to old solders/gunman.
    OK?

12. Abadim says:

beautiful work! beautiful people of Moscow!

13. René says:

First one is Russian Jessica Alba.

14. Abu Zibby says:

Great photos. Very sad to see though that so many Russians obviously suffer from FAS/FAE. Very sad indeed.

15. Edward says:

Very impressive. The more I see what life in Russia is, the more I respect Russians.

16. emre says:

Excellent photos. the best on this website

17. luis alberto curiel says:

Excellent portrait of a city ……