8 Who Lives Well In Africa?

Who Lives Well In Africa?

Posted on December 3, 2012 by team

In Liberia he is a local celebrity. Sergey Chernyshev is the only white Ukrainian who drives a red “Hummer” there. He moved to this western African country three years ago and opened a casino there.

He says he had no choice. He possesed much equipment he could not use in Ukraine anymore. Ten years he had spent in Ukraine led to nothing.

He had a gambling business in Ukraine: 424 gambling parlors and 2,5 thousand of workers. But then the government imposed a ban on gambling and he had to close his business.

He started to search for a country where he could use his experience and equipment. Finally he chose Liberia.

The country has just ended a protracted civil war. It had a lot of diamonds and gold in its depths. There were only two casinos for the whole poor and small state.

8 Responses to “Who Lives Well In Africa?”

1. Alex says:

OMG, what a story…

2. (r)evolutionist says:

Sorry, but according to the text, this place is a cesspool (and I thought Dixieland was bad). The planet Venus is a utopia compared to this. What a nightmare…(these people need scientific Socialism more than a frog needs water)

3. Y5K says:

No other place than Liberia?
    I don’t know which one is the real identity of a person, what he does for a living or what he spends his money on. The days he is staying in such a place are also what he called “tomorrow” yesterday, but I don’t believe that’s what he wanted his tomorrow to be. If he wants to be like Dr. Schweitzer, he may stay longer (and also everything I mentioned above becomes meaningless) or else better get out there as soon as possible.

4. Osip says:

A handful of Russian language slot machines in a dirty outhouse is a casino? This, after the employ of 2,5 thousand worker?
    No, this fellow is either a diamond smuggler or gold smuggler or both.
    Wife is not bad, however.

5. Piotr says:

This must be the biggest load of bullshit that I have ever read! The guy in the pictures is nothing but a pathological liar. I could believe that he runs a casino in Liberia but the rest is fairy tales made to amaze. Are we to believe this guy was some kind of mobsters with 2500 underlings and 424 gambling parlors in Ukraine?

6. ABB says:

No offence, but only a Russian would dare wear that tacky ass black and red polo shirt!

7. René says:

Very interesting article.

His wife looks very good.

8. olcay says:

I filmed 2 occasions for Nat Geo in Liberia. I was there when they had Ebola outbreak. Yes, the country is poor and suffers diseases yet, it is beautiful and people are much more nicer than all the rest of the countries (40+ of them) they I had visited, lived or worked in so far. The article is not true, it is one of the most Christian Nations of the world. Christian – “believing in satan” :) a great comment from a gambler. If Ebola did not happened, I was planning to take my family to live there for couple months. Even with Ebola, I would love to go there myself to work again.