18 When I Was a Soviet Student

When I Was a Soviet Student

Posted on November 29, 2012 by team

Universities then and universities today are two different things. Students of those years had other types of entertainments, different hobbies and even different expression of their eyes! Some photos of Soviet students are presented below.

18 Responses to “When I Was a Soviet Student”

1. alisa says:

as an university student, I nearly get envy. they have more outdoor activities like camping, hiking, etc meanwhile in my university only do such seminars and meeting simulator. :D

2. (r)evolutionist says:

“When I was a Soviet Student” … I was educated, had excellent lifetime health coverage, a future free from want, no worries of unemployment, no student loan debt, no violent crime and diseases to worry me, and a life in a society that promoted the general welfare. (of course, I’m talking pre-1936 and 1953-1973)

• America says:

Free range livestock awaiting slaughter have it great too. Their health looked after, never a want for food, freedom to roam, no worries of predators…life’s good!

• (r)evolutionist says:

Nice comeback.

• Me says:

This goes to all three of you – What you learnt in your books and see in your movies is biased bullshit made exactly to think that the soviet union was hell and people suffered. It wasn’t fantastic but it sure was a hell of a lot better than it is now and will always be hell of a lot better than the U.S. Take it from someone who grew up there (the U.S.S.R). Free-thinking was encouraged. Of course you were taught about the leaders and the ideology behind it all, but in the same way the U.S kids were taught about their presidents and the civil war and colombus. You think they were taught how American Indians were slaughtered? You think they taught that colombus and his crew use to rape native women and girls aged 12 and above?
        It’s all propaganda against the Soviet Union to make the U.S look like the good guys when in reality they’re just as bad, if not even worse. Look at the U.S today – bombing civilians and continuing a war just for the sake of oil and money. You’re all brainwashed to believe what they want you to believe.

• CZenda says:

You have no foxtrot-uniform-charlie-kiloing idea of how the educational system worked in Ostblock.

• ProudGerman says:

After you were re-educated and brainwashed to believe such drivel

• LK says:

How old are you? Around 150?

3. joe says:

tiny car is tiny.

4. SWEDEN says:

Looks like these students experienced a great time with eachother. There’s a nice tranquil nostalgia bubbling from these pictures.

5. LK says:

English class failed, “wellcome” LOL

6. Alex says:

Yeah, they look happy.
    Ignorance is bliss!
    They had no idea about office life at all; how it feels to be just ordinary office plankton, obeying idiotic company rules. Rat races and the like…. Of course, if you are clever and effective, your success is inevitable, there is no doubt in it, especially in contemporary Russia….

7. SSSR says:

I wonder if they learned how to get under their desk and take cover during a nuclear war…like that would really help anyone survive!

I saw very few pics of Russian people in books and magazines when I was a teen back in the 80’s,they looked like many of us in the USA!

• Alex says:

“I wonder if they learned how to get under their desk and take cover during a nuclear war…”
      They didn’t. Matter of fact, nobody thought about nuclear war seriously back then in 80 in the USSR. People just didn’t think about it; it was up to the professionals.
      It was way safer to live in Russia and in the USSR back then when 2 super powers existed.
      I think students in Russia must learn it now.

8. Hekbott says:

Go Soviet Union!

9. tom says:

People were more honest, happy and dressed better.

10. tutan says: