Did you know that soup cooked in a large cooking pot tastes better? It is even tastier when cooked on open fire. Shurpa is the soup that has been made for many centuries. We are going to make it right now.
The products we need:
- meat (paultry, beef, but mutton is the best);
- some fat (mutton one, for example);
- two types of onions;
- carrots and turnip,
- peppers of different colors;
- chilly pepper if you wish;
- coriander, parsley, basil, jeera;
- the purest water you can find.
The meat is oiled with salt. The foam should be removed.
Add the onions and leave it all boil for thirty minutes more.
Then add the fat, carrots, peppers, coriander and jeera and leave it to boil for one hour more on slow fire.
Then add the turnip, potatoes cut into halves, tomatoes. Potatoes should be added before tomatoes.
Peppers and remaining spices go next. Add some salt and if the tomatoes gave too much taste, add some sugar as well.