23 Badass Granny Hunting Brides

Badass Granny Hunting Brides

Posted on October 4, 2012 by team

This Russian granny leads a group of gansters and is extremely wanted!

She hunts brides for ransom due to the criminal tradition of stealing brides prior weddings.

23 Responses to “Badass Granny Hunting Brides”

1. yagur says:

WTF????

• Jeebs says:

Took the words right out of my mouth what the hell Russia please tell me this is fake?

• Tiger says:

Come on this is just sooo fake :).

There is some sort of tradition in some places across Russia and the Balkans that the bride gets kidnapped during the celebration party or before the church wedding and that the groom has to pay for her release (usually with drinks and stuff). Of course this is all just staged and part of the entertainment.

2. guest says:

Is this for a movie?

3. skopeil says:

In Russia granny kidnap you

4. America says:

slowest getaway ever!

5. Cubi says:

Some years ago I was traveling in poland. I have seen how a car with a stolen bride was hiding behind some trees. Later a lot of people (with cars) was searching for her.

6. I know It says:

This is one of wedding traditions, when someone robs a bride and bridegroom must find her and pay the ransom. It’s really fun.

7. Ian says:

I remember vaguly reading something in “Russia” by Johnathan Dimbelby about how in some parts of the russian Caucasus there is a tradition of “kidnapping brides.” Once upon a time it was for real but nowerdays it is an elaborate act. I think what we are looking at here is part of this elaborate act.

8. sauron says:

Come on guys, you know it’s staged.

• Emperor Norton says:

Having a Slavic granny myself I wouldn’t rule it being real out.

• Jeebs says:

Actually no, no we don’t you forget this is Russia we are talking about human life mean nothing over there. Do you think the protesters of FEMEN do what they do for nothing I don’t think so

9. K@sey_yo says:

So…someone leaked pictures from a Russian police department?
    As much as human slavery happens, even if it’s a joke and all, it is a little disconcerting when the “bride’s” face looks really young. If it hadn’t been for the first picture she’d very much resemble the 14 year olds here in the UK.

10. iii says:

If i recall correctly, then “stealing the bride” is a common tradition in some places?

11. petrohof says:

From WIKI
    The Dagestan, Chechnya and Ingushetia regions in the Northern Caucasus (in Russia) have also witnessed an increase in bride kidnappings since the fall of the Soviet Union. As in other countries, kidnappers sometimes seize acquaintances to be brides and other times abduct strangers. The social stigma of spending a night in a male’s house can be a sufficient motivation to force a young woman to marry her captor. Under Russian law, though a kidnapper who refuses to release his bride could be sentenced to eight to ten years, a kidnapper will not be prosecuted if he releases the victim or marries her with her consent. Bride captors in Chechnya are liable, in theory, to receive also a fine of up to 1 million rubles. As in the other regions, authorities often fail to respond to the kidnappings. In Chechnya, the police failure to respond to bridal kidnappings is compounded by a prevalence of abductions in the region. Several such kidnappings have been captured on video

12. (r)evolutionist says:

Smash all culture and tradition. Make granny sweep the streets and pick up litter.

13. Maddcowe says:

Okay, it’s tradition, or whatever, but it sure looks like a good way to attract a lot of police attention in the process. No thanks!

14. Ilovevodka says:

Awww my good old loving grandma, we loved it when she would chase us around the forest with her ak and yell at us saying “Come on out you good for nothing sons of a gun!” my grandma, how I love thee!

15. Hong Kong Fooey says:

Why is the steering wheel on the right? All the cars I saw in Russia were on the left side. Maybe this is in Hong Kong, India, or the UK?