18 Too Much Love For Pets

Too Much Love For Pets

Posted on October 1, 2012 by team

One woman from Timashevsk turned her house into a nursery for pets. She gave a shelter to more than 200 different dogs and cats which she had found in the streets. She doesn’t get any support from the authorities, only her neighbours help her to feed the animals.

So is it generous or silly?

Location: Timashevsk, the Krasnodarsk region

Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter to stay updated for the new posts.

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

18 Responses to “Too Much Love For Pets”

1. Erikas says:

Very nice what she is doing, although I can imagine its a smelly place :)

2. The Weight of the World says:

Today a dog made a poo at the door of the office I work in.
    She must have a lot of poos there.

3. bobbob2011 says:

If I lived in that house, I would put a bullet in my head and let the animals feed on my corpse.

4. whistleblower says:

this is russian butcher shop…

5. Richard S. says:

Animal hoarding is a mental disease. Imagine the stench inside their home.

6. Tovarich Volk says:

It must be absolute hell for her and her family to keep that house clean

7. timoulete says:

Vodka can clean this place

8. Ergots says:

The dogs look well fed, bright-eyed, and in generally good condition (some look to have what I’d guess is demodex, but that’s not uncommon in strays, and isn’t contagious).

“Hoarding” isn’t just about numbers, it’s about having more than you can possibly take care of such that the animals suffer/deteriorate *and* a warped sense of your ability to take care of them. I wouldn’t say this woman is a hoarder from what we can see here, just, um, eccentric.

More power to her for trying to help them.

9. Alex says:

Animals look well-cared, not hungry and happy. They would probably die if they continued living on the streets, hit by a car or out of illness. What a great lady! I have lots of respect for her.

10. Fransua says:

I’d love one of these dogs, I’m sick of pure breed dogs.

11. Mutt says:

In her fervor to save dogs I see she accidentally picked up a man too!

Aside from that joke, I think most Americans won’t understand what’s happening here without some background. Russia doesn’t have dog pounds, or “humane” societies in each county/city. These dogs look quite healthy and happy compared to the dogs I saw running the streets in the Russian town I visited. There were so many times when I wanted to take a stray home with me, especially after seeing the same dog each day and knowing the cold nights he/she has to endure.

12. Foram says:

Is there a way to donate money?

13. al says:

She has her work cut out, good luck.

I hope she has good neighbors

14. Brian Richards says:

Like Foram, I would like to donate some money too. The lady looks like she is taking very good care of the animals, and obviously loves them. How much more noble can one get in a world of greed, avarice and dishonesty? She needs a little help.

15. John says:

I would donate to help her. The dogs look well fed & happy. I don’t feel that this is a case of hoarding.

16. Geoff says:

Pity we can’t think of a way to set up a donation for her. I love animals, and it is not the fault of the pets. Without help from local governments to set up a way to neuter/spay animals, they just keep breeding making the problem worse.
    Some of us here have already suggested donating funds – Mr Editor, is there a way?