22 The Lost Bet

The Lost Bet

Posted on September 27, 2012 by team

Reportedly, two villagers made a bet whose car is more powerful. They agreed that the one who would lose had to burn his car.

The owner of the «Range Rover Sport» lost the bet. His car couldn’t climb the high hill while the «JEEP-550» of his opponent managed with the task.

They poured gasoline on the «Range Rover Sport», which is estimated at 100-200 thousand dollars, and the car flared up.

22 Responses to “The Lost Bet”

1. econobiker says:

It will polish and buff right up to looking like new…

2. Marcello says:

In Australia a new 2012 Range Rover like this one is between $90,000 and $160,000 (that’s even more in US dollars) But looking at this post…. some people in Russia must be really stupid, or have more money than they know what to do with.

3. Jordan says:

That looks like an engine fire to me. Notice how the fire did not extend past the firewall?

If someone were to intentionally torch the car I think they would have put fuel in or on the passenger compartment.

4. cro says:

Bet is a bet! But he could sell it and give money to some in need, like those granpa and granny we saw recently on ER that live alone in Chernobil area..

5. mau says:

that’s how you lose a bet…russian style

6. Tiger says:

A Ranger Rover “Sport” is not an off-road car. He should have known from the beginning that this is a lost bet. He maybe mixed it up with the regular Range Rovers who are actually off-road capable. Such a fool…Then I would like to see the face of his face when he tell her: “Good morning honey, I got drunk yesterday and lost a bet and burned the car” :)

7. zx10R says:

different images

8. OldBikr says:

Wow this just goes to show these guys don’t just talk the talk, they can walk the walk too.

Anyone who could and would honor a bet like this is super honorable. I agree with cro though, it is a pity that they did not make their stakes as a way to benefit some charity.

9. toto says:

Which is that hill?
    I suppose not the one behind @1st foto

10. Foq says:

in US, the TOP of the line RR is ~90K with tax.. we’re talking fully loaded, with redundant upgrades..

11. Tim says:

Range Rover Sport doesn’t cost 100000 dollars in Russia. For example you can buy this one for like 1,1 million rubles. Which is 35,000 dollars.

12. Jeebs says:

Hay if you lose the bet you must Bern your car HOW STUPID ARE YOU???

• Joe says:

If you make a bet in the first place that requires you to burn your car.. How Stupid are you.

I don’t really thing that being dependent on will a car climb a hill.. is a good way to judge how powerful it is.

A freightliner probably wouldn’t climb that hill. but if you attach an it’s trailer to that jeep, I doubt it would pull it.

• America says:

…and if you believe everything you read on English Russia you might be stupid too.

13. PVinWV says:

Never argue with a Jeep owner!

14. Elan says:

I call bull***t. The burnt car has a side step, the unburnt car doesn’t.

15. petrohof says:

both cars have side step, it is powered and comes out when you touch door handle. besides is probably stolen car so who cares if they burn it.

• fand says:

Nope. The burnt car’s sidestep is in retracted position. You could see the sidestep in the first picture from that angle if that car had any.

16. SSSR says:

I saw a bullet proof armored rover just like this one at the welding class I was in.The guy who drove it there let me take a picture of it with my phone.I wont say what country it went to….

17. Boris says:

Car in first picture has a white indicator repeator cover in the driver’s door. The burnt car has a yellow cover.
    The differenntly cloured covers are owed to different laws in various countries.

It’s NOT the same car.

18. SHAH says:

It Is very common for A Range Rover to lit up in flames during climbing a hill or any heavy duty job is taken from its engine.
    I saw 3 vehicles on my own eyes in 13 years fire up while climbing the sand dune.
    poor Rover.
    Why do the price it so much