19 In the Very Heart of the Russian Buddhism

In the Very Heart of the Russian Buddhism

Posted on September 12, 2012 by team

This buddhist monastery is located not far from Ulan-Ude, a Siberian city. It can be considered the centre of the Russian Buddhism.

The monastery is represented by several temples and plain wooden cottages. Only some architectural details and monks in red cloaks remind you that it is a buddhist place.

Buddhists believe that sutras (buddhist religious texts) written on a piece of paper or cloth and fixed like a flag in the wind can bring luck.

A monk with full pails is a good sign as well.

19 Responses to “In the Very Heart of the Russian Buddhism”

1. 山下智久love the nokia lumia says:

diaoyu islands belongs to china!!!o>_<~

2. geoff says:

Very nice to see this on ER. This would be a Happy place, a calm and humble place. A very nice place to go.

Be good, be calm, be happy and follow the path of the Buddha to contentment and a satisfaction with life.

• (r)evolutionist says:

You know geoff, I just knew I’d see a comment from you on this. I believe there are as many Buddhists in Russia as Australians in New Mexico. (i.e. not too many!) But I could be wrong…

• john says:

Interesting you should mention New Mexico as I’ve personally visited this particular monestary (or datsan as known in Russian) and also live in New Mexico. Now has that for randomness? Look closely and you’ll notice that many things that seem improbable are indeed very probable…

• Maxim Ч. says:

There are actually a lot of Buddhists in Russia. Buryats/Tuvans/Kalmyks alone count for several million. As well as some Russians.

3. John says:

They need to get flamethrowers to burn the vegetation out from between the brick pavement as is done in Germany.

4. DouglasU says:

I’m sorry but the chanting was creepy. The building interior was nice and colorful.

5. rtqwd$ says:

Monk Itigilov was very humble person and earned a place in heaven by his good deeds.

6. rtqwd$ says:

山下智久 – is a shame for Japanese ppl to praise coward 中国! Even if you are 中国人 think what コンフシウs would say of you

7. René says:

Looks peaceful.

8. Random Chaos says:

‘Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water; After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water’.

9. OCTOMOM says:

I’m excited because my boyfriend bought a Book of Tantric Love!!

10. leonmoses says:

I foiund this item regarding Bhuddism in Russia to be quite interesting. Now that the Christ has accomplished his deed and has become the NEW ADAM, All other Gods,Godesses, and spiritual entities now fall under his rule. HE IS the Lord of ALL lords, as well as the KING of all kings! This includes the lovely religion of Bhussism! Omani Pahdme Hum !