13 How Power Cords Are Made

How Power Cords Are Made

There is a small enterprise in Yaroslavl where power cords are made. We are invited to look through the stages of the process.

The production area is divided into three main parts: cleaning and pressurizing, molding and quality control. First look how pressurizing is done.

Today the cord is cut manually but very soon the process will be automatized. New equipment will be supplied for that.

13 Responses to “How Power Cords Are Made”

1. Moola the Slave Girl says:

Image #3, very poor supervision to let employee wear open toe sandals to work- safety, not comfort is paramount here.

2. Jordan says:

Why are the workers in these factory posts mostly female?

3. Andrew McClelland says:

There is a man in the second picture, he is leaning against the wall with his arms folded.. But joking aside, Russia needs more factories and business like these , so good luck to them.

4. Osip says:

“Semi-assembled cords from China”…I wonder if the Russian completes the cords for comparable cost as Chinese?

5. petrohof says:

and on some chinese equipment also. i really doubt they can compete with china cost.

6. Hugh says:

They can wear sandals because Russia is yet to suffer the corruption of the crooked ‘No Win No Fee’ system of suing employers to make a packet.

• SSSR says:

And OSHA is not present or has little influence in other countries outside of the USA!No one is wearing safety glasses or steel toe footwear,but maybe steel toe is not necessary for a job like this.

7. RB says:

this is very interesting to me because every time I
    plug in a cord (and I have plugged in thousands)I always wonder how they make them so perfect and strong. I see now that much pressure and heat is involved. Thank-you for showing me how they do this.

8. AlphaMale says:

If all these women are working, who is in the kitchen?

9. MAC says:

Anything is better than ‘Made in CHINA’ garbage being imported…