11 Sleepboxes In the Airport

Sleepboxes In the Airport

Posted on August 9, 2012 by team

Such a capsule recreation room appeared in the Moscow airport Sheremetyevo. They are not used yet, but are planned to be used by the end of 2012, when fully functional sleepboxes appear.

One hour in the sleepbox will cost 10 dollars. The capsule can be chosen for 1, 2 or 3 persons. There are a luggage compartment and Wi-Fi in it.

11 Responses to “Sleepboxes In the Airport”

1. XyuH says:

I’d prefer crappy hotel to this shoe box

2. Richard S. says:

Excellent idea! you can expect to see more of these capsules in major airports around the world.I would use one.

3. Joe says:

This couldn’t possibly be sanitary.

4. Csaba says:

The idea is good but actually it’s more expensive than a cheap hotel, so i will still prefer to sleep on chairs at the airport :)

5. hugo says:

its alowed to have sex into that?

6. Yorkshire says:

No curtains or blinds in the windows?

7. Piotr says:

It does look like a very sanitary construction and I think it would be hard to keep it clean. Also, the price seems a bit steep to me.

8. Fred Johnson says:

They should use mirrored windows, so people can see out, but not in (and curtains). I don’t want people staring at me when I’m in there.

And how do they know to change the sheets and clean it up?

That could get pretty nasty. But, probably no worse than a hotel room. By the way, you should NEVER touch the bed spreads (or comforters), TV remote or the telephone in hotels.

Those things are almost NEVER cleaned and are some of the nastiest places on earth for germs and such.

You can put the TV remote in a clear plastic bag. Use sanitizer spray on the phone, and gloves or something.

But the comforter, just throw it off the bed, don’t even touch it.

I saw some tests, where they found “bodily fluids” ALL OVER hotel rooms, and the comforter was the worse, since it never gets washed.

Carpets rarely get cleaned too, so don’t go barefoot.

9. le says:

I think I would it The Quickie Box.

10. Chac Mool says:

I’m pretty sure that some girls will offer “quickie” services in every airport this boxes are allowed. In time…

11. Apu Gupta says:

if that blond women is included in that sleepbox, i would sleep there with her