16 What Summertime Is For

What Summertime Is For

Posted on July 10, 2012 by team

One photo story of 8 friends who rafted on the Don river.

In the daytime they were floating, bathing, fishing, having fun. At night they were feeding mosquitoes and playing poker.

Their route - 80 km.

They were cooking right on the raft.

16 Responses to “What Summertime Is For”

1. Fred Johnson says:

Very redneck, but also, very cool.

There’s a video somewhere, of some old southern (USA) rednecks and their home made house boat. Cheaply made, but dang it looks like fun, just slowly drifting down the river.
    Kudos to you! You’d be welcome in any southern USA backwater! Just remember to say “ya’ll” a lot, and no problems!

2. XyuH says:

Fu. Last time I did shit like this we were overrun by mosquitoes

3. Macsen says:

I would love to do that down the Red Deer river, from Dickson Dam, Alberta, and on through the South Saskatchewan River, in Saskatchewan province, Canada.

4. nope says:

The church looks like it was destroyed by war. Germans?

• vorontsevich says:

Not necessarily. During the soviet era, many churches were closed up.

• -Zlodey- says:

Clearly Germans. Its may be used as observer or fortified point.
        I see many bullet marks and even some shells hits.
        Some of old houses in Rostov-on-Don still have many bullet marks, especially around corners and windows.
        War still remindind about yourself here.

BTW, I live near this Don river.

5. Silvio says:

Where are the vodka bottles?

6. I am I says:

Great to see the real fun for just a little money :)

7. Osip says:

So, how did USA made Cobalt boat with New York registration numbers displayed on the hull come to be floating on the Don River?

8. jeremy says:

Money =! fun
    I was living in Poland till my late 20. We used to spent holidays in pretty much the same way with my friends – best times I always go back to this memories.
    We usually had some money – but if somebody had less or none that wasn’t problem at all -> nowadays you cant even fart without money. People were poor but much happier – I would give back all I had earn ever to be able to go back and relive it again.

9. Ian says:

Wait until the houseboats we have here on the river Murray, Australia make their way to Russia. Same concept for river fun, only these have proper houses with air conditioning (no mosquitos). Some times money can make things more fun.