13 Travelling In Russia of 1985

Travelling In Russia of 1985

Posted on June 27, 2012 by team

Photos of one foreigner who travelled to Moscow and Vladimir in May, 1985.

13 Responses to “Travelling In Russia of 1985”

1. Douglas says:

Looks wonderful to me.
    Moscow is now autos and advertisements.

2. Emperor Norton says:

Some how those pictures don’t seem to be really of Russia unless some car is stuck in some pothole.

3. Otis R. Needleman says:

1985..a great year for me. I could live that year over and over, happily.

4. (r)evolutionist says:

“Good of people-the supreme goal of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.”… “Good of wealth-the supreme goal of the United States of America.”

• vorontsevich (f/k/a ayaa) says:

I have to ask. Where are you from, revolutionist?

• (r)evolutionist says:

Sorry, I’ve been away. I’m from Texas, Confederate States of America. Where radicals are as rare as Mexicans in Magnitogorsk.

• vorontsevich (f/k/a ayaa) says:

Lol.

Anyway, you have no issue with calling the US South as the Confederate States? I have no idea how these things work over there, but surely some people might be offended by that?

• (r)evolutionist says:

No, it’s not meant to offend. I’m just living in a place that’s rabidly anti-federal, anti-union, anti-minority, anti-intellectual so to me it’s still a part of the C.S.A. I hope your home province is a little more progressive. I’m sorry Russia didn’t do better in the Euro Cup.

• vorontsevich (f/k/a ayaa) says:

Don’t worry about me. My town is fine, and I’m sure the sbornaya will bounce back.

5. skopeil says:

I wonder at that time still under Communists era,but i can see people still go to churchers…Do Stalin say no to religion?
    overall, there look nice in 1985..

• (r)evolutionist says:

Stalin actually brought back State-backed religion (in a way) as a way to unite people in the run-up to war with Germany. He used any means necessary as a way to control (and manipulate) the population.

• -Zlodey- says:

Stalin was supported Russian Orthodox Church starting from WW2 time.
      Any help for winning such bloody war must be used.