This S-56 submarine stands on the Vladivostok embankment. It's a guard submarine decorated with the Order of the Red Banner, the Soviet diesel-electric one of the WWII time. Its captain became the hero of the Soviet Union.
The submarine museum is divided into two parts - the historic and the exhibition ones.
The boat was made in Leningrad, in 1936, put into service in 1939, in 1941 it joined the Pacific Ocean Fleet.
The submarine crossed two oceans and nine seas. It took 2220 hours, the length of the trip was almost 31 thousand km).