12 Minsk Tractor Plant, 1960

Minsk Tractor Plant, 1960

Posted on May 28, 2012 by team

At the Minsk Tractor Plant, 1960. Compare to modern plants.

12 Responses to “Minsk Tractor Plant, 1960”

1. yojimbo says:

The difference between a modern factory and one from the late 1950’s or early 60’s would be that producing the same product(generally speaking) you will find half or even 3/4 less workers much of the process being automated.

2. CZenda says:

“I was born in Moscow baby, you could maybe be my girl, ride my tractor all night long and everyone will sing our song” :D
    Seriously, this would be QA/QC manager´s nightmare today.

3. Kent of Sweden says:

For the period I would say the products look state of the art. Covered driver’s cabins, and if you look at the pics outside the factory the model closest to the factory wall is in fact 4wd, now that was boyond the state of art compared to what I drove in 60 – 65 such as MF 35 Fordson Major Nuffield and BM 350 none of them were all-wheel-drive until much later..

4. Kilroy Was Here says:

Wow! Such a happy bunch. Only one photo with smiles…

5. Osip says:

Factory would be considered filthy and backward even by 1930 western standards. Even the tractor product is crude 1930 design.

6. Stan says:

These tractors are called “Yumz”, my father still have one. It is more than 40 years old and is still in good condition! It works on dirty mazut sometimes mixed with water and consumes old oil from modern tractors. A veritable soviet machine, equipped with simple low-speed diesel engine which you can repair it with an axe.

7. (r)evolutionist says:

I think I’m hopelessly in love with the Socialist Worker babe in pic 7. (I bet she knows her Marx and Engels, too)

8. Yorkshire says:

Some of those machine tools will still be working. We have a few old soviet lathes used for training in our college. They certainly knew how to make things to last back then.

9. stolichnaya says:

The difference between the 1960’s Soviet factory and a modern one is that in the 1960’s none of the workers were texting their friends on their smartphones!

10. komar says:

hello i write from germany east area of lost GDR
    we drive here to this model “belarus” very goog machine for littel agrar are (field) very good traktor