11 Traces of the War In Minsk

Traces of the War In Minsk

Posted on May 18, 2012 by team

Historic and cultural complex “Stalin’s Line” is one of the most grand fortification ensembles at the line of Stalin’s territory in Belarus. The complex is located 30 km from Minsk.

Let’s see another set of photos of the complex.

11 Responses to “Traces of the War In Minsk”

1. JC says:

Can someone please provide a more precise location for this? I’d like to visit at some time.

jc_bromley@gmx.com

• Ted says:

You’ll have an awful time getting a visa to get in. That country is on USSR levels of being closed off to foreign interaction.

• vla says:

omg Ted u believe in that story- man want to visit Minsk but “cruel dictator” won’t let him in. :)
        too much mainstream media , Ted.

• Pacific NW says:

Don’t listen to Ted, he doesn’t have a clue, obviously.

• Ted says:

Seeing that I’m from Russia and am friends with Belorussians who have a very hard time getting their friends visas for visits, I’d think I know.

• vorontsevich (f/k/a ayaa) says:

Bad luck to them, then. I’ve been to Belarus twice. The first time was a two-month military tour to the navy base at Vileyka.

The second time was a one week holiday trip to Minsk. No problems for me.

2. lol says:

Funniest thing is that Stalin Line was never used and when the Germans came the equipment was removed xD

3. JC says:

I’ll take my chances at the border…..after getting a visa in the UK of course…

So, where is it exactly?

4. critter says:

JC……
    It’s NW of Minsk 30km. Here are the LAT – LONG coordinates. 54° 3’23.58″N 27°17’53.57″E

I’ve been there. My in-laws live about 15km from the Stalin Line. It’s not that difficult to get a Visa to Belarus, but you do have to register with the local officials once you are there.

5. Marlon says:

Some of the equipment displayed looks polished and new, it’s almost hard to believe that this is a war museum.

6. critter says:

There is equipment from the past 50-60 years. And of course they keep it polished and looking good.