13 Guests In Pripyat

Guests In Pripyat

Posted on May 3, 2012 by team

Another outing to notorious Pripyat.

Passing Chernobyl

A dosimeter is getting nervous when Pripyat is closer.

13 Responses to “Guests In Pripyat”

1. skopeil says:

a bit sad when i look at these photos…

2. Kent of Sweden says:

Interesting to follow the slow decay of the city from the early pictures by Elena Filatova taken 10 to 15 years ago and then see in later pics how the decay continues, notice that there are nearly no papers or books left today (sure some of it may have been carted off by stupid people, but still) also the forest has now almost totally covered the town, there is no longer some trees int the town, now there are some houses spread out in the forest.

3. Apofisz says:

How can there be ice? Or is it something another?

• rostit says:

its actually possible. The metal tracks for the lift take away heat as air moves past. If there is enough air moving it could cool the area enough to preserve enough of the ice that was frozen in the winter.

4. Ross says:

I wish that all articles about Pripyat would also show the evacuation in 1986. I remember seeing the news broadcasts about it, how confused, frightened and lost all the residents, as they were put onto mass buses, unable to take their belongings. Even though the Soviet Union still had the Iron Curtain and all information was highly censored, we in the West felt so sorry for the evacuaees. Seeing Pripyat today, I don’t see it as a ghost town, but the hometown of so many people who were suddenly dispossessed. It’s heartbreaking.

5. george says:

Are there any animals in the area?

6. Jason says:

The concrete at the bottom of the shaft doesn’t see day light so odds are it retains the cold temp from the ground & winters

7. OLUT says:

Michael Gilichinsky – These photos were taken on 9 May, 2011. I went to his site (watermarked on pix), downloaded a photo from the set, and looked at the EXIF data.

There are more pictures over there, if anyone is interested. (It’s not my website and I don’t know the guy, I just like the photos.)

8. Zipp says:

nadav kander took the finest shots of this place, everything else is the same old.

9. Price says:

“fifty thousand people used to live here, now it´s a ghost town”

10. I really need to visit this place sometime in my life. I love these pictures so much.

11. ARGENTINO says:

SUELO POR CONOCER ESE LUGAR MAS QUE NADA EN EL MUNDO

12. Roberto says:

Have anybody wonder why just about all apartments in these or other pictures has none or very few furniture’s? People were not allowed to take anything from their home when they leave, so where it is? All the copper etc. has gone also, so where it has gone? There has been lots of thief’s who has taken all that and they have sell it to all over Russia. Do you want to buy a Geiger-meter? Your sofa could be deadly..