Lighthouse named after M. Shpamberg was built in 1938-43 on Southern Kuril Islands. Its height is 18m. The Japanese used to move along the island on horses, sometimes on foot, and rather seldom by cars. In winter the lighthouse could be reached only on skis.
This lighthouse is almost the last Japanese construction remained on the island. The similar one is only in Sakhalin.