In June, the 2012 UEFA European Football Championship will turn Ukraine the center of the sporting life of Europe. Thousands of football fans will come to root for their favorite teams and spend some time in the country. We present 54 signs that you’ve spent too much time in Ukraine and start to behave like a Ukrainian.
1. You put dill on everything. We mean EVERYTHING.
2. You're not scared of the stray dogs.
3. You know how to shout at taxi-drivers to get a better price.
4. You have two SIM cards.
5. Cyrillic doesn't confuse you.
6. You understand that if you put your girlfriend's handbag on the table or (god forbid) the floor – she will probably leave you.
7. You have perfected your own borsch recipe.
8. You can pronounce Dnipropetrovsk without having a seizure.
9. You walk past a litter bin which is on fire and has flames coming out of it, and you think it's normal.
10. You say "pajowlusta" without thinking when someone says thanks.
11. You only wear a black jacket in winter and think anyone in a sports jacket must be a foreigner.
12. You have forgotten that the fur industry is cruel and inhumane and started to think that fur is glamorous.
13. Unless its +20C you would never let a child out of the house without a hat and gloves.
14. You want to drive a large 4×4 to make yourself feel like a man.
15. You start to hate Marshrutkas (fixed-route taxi).
16. You can drink beer like you used to drink coffee –morning, day and night.
17. You can eat sunflower seeds with one hand and finish a whole bag during a 90 minute football game.
18. You have developed a working system for separating all the Yulias and Marias in your phonebook.