17 Assorted Russia, Part 50

Assorted Russia, Part 50

Posted on March 1, 2012 by kulichik

New vodka is sold in Russian shops today. It is called Khokhlushka (a Ukrainian woman) and is closed with a bottle cork that is made in the form of the head of Julia Timoshenko.

17 Responses to “Assorted Russia, Part 50”

1. Mr. Cool says:

What a fat face. Julia is way more beautiful than that.

2. I-) says:

> Khokhlushka (a Ukrainian woman)

‘khokhol’ is a deragotory terms, as you katsapy probably already know.

I-)

3. Fred says:

The Russians eat like real soldiers, the Americans like spoiled brats. The Roman legion conquered most of the world eating just porridge (from barley I think).

• SMERSH says:

No, it’s the difference between a conscript army and one made up entirely of volunteers.

• Otis R. Needleman says:

Why not feed soldiers the best food possible? Russia produces a great variety of foods, I am sure. It can also afford to import food, as well. The pictures you saw of US troops eating were from a holiday meal in the war zone. Really doesn’t matter…US military food is very good, and the troops get plenty of it. I would say Russian soldiers deserve the same, wouldn’t you?

• Scrat says:

What you see there is on a well established and supplied base. Soldiers at other places aren’t so lucky. I was in the navy in the Mediterranean. The food on my ship was nasty. One time they tried to feed us steaks packed in 1971. It was 1984 when they landed on our trays. Frozen for 13 years. The sea gulls wouldn’t eat them. You couldn’t cut them with a knife and they had a rainbow sheen on them when you held them up in the light. The rest of it wasn’t much better, half the food that ship brought on board went right where it belonged, in the garbage.

• Babysitter says:

When I was serving in Buryatia a few years ago we were eating food from deep underground permafrost storage. We once had prepared a cow carcass with ‘1954’ mark on it. And to be honest, since then I’ve never seen meat more tasty than that. They feed cattle with chemicals these days.

• guy says:

American solders eat MREs. i mean there not bad but really? you think that makes them spoiled?

• Fred says:

Well, “spoiled brats” was too harsh. But I was just pointing out that the ideal soldier is,or was, one that performed on a very spartan diet.

4. Osip says:

Yulia Tymoshenko is but another false blonde bimbo. Perhaps she should join the FEMENs.

• m says:

Ahem. How would you know what a “real” soldier is anyways? I think what you were trying to say, is that the American Military is the only professional military on the planet. Look up that term, before you argue. Professional military = privatization of war = almost nonstop conflict for $$$. The difference between using conscripts and volunteers. Check it out, that is the difference in the pictures.

5. (r)evolutionist says:

Last photos: Where profits come first, morality comes last.

6. Y5K says:

That’s a baby abuse. She at least do that on sufficiently deep water for safety of the baby.

• Otis R. Needleman says:

I agree the baby is being abused. And the conditions at the hospital are utterly disgusting. It’s a wonder any patient ever recovers there.

7. Dolores says:

A lot of that disparity is due not only to national wealth, but a lack of corruption. US pay a lot of taxes compulsorily, and there is clear official accountability. Once Russia catches up with such ethics, its people too will be as wealthy.

8. Mudgutz says:

Its abuse having to look at that head.