13 Apple Museum Opens In Moscow

Apple Museum Opens In Moscow

Posted on February 27, 2012 by

An Apple Museum has opened in Moscow welcoming all local technology lovers. The museum was launched by Andrei Antonov who has been collecting Apple computer equipment for 15 years.

The collection includes monitors, hardware, keyboards and other computer equipment produced by Apple during the last 30 years, such as stationary and portable models of the Apple IIC (1980), a rare Apple II from 1978, the first pocket computer and even the Mac portable which astronauts have taken to space. Antonov boasts that most of the machines still work perfectly.

The legendary Apple II became the first Apple computer to be put into mass production in 1977.

13 Responses to “Apple Museum Opens In Moscow”

1. OLUT says:

Ooo, I loved those vertical monitors so much! A friend of mine has one — they rotate 90 degrees, so you can use it horizontal or vertical.

Equally, I always wanted one of those rounde iBooks. They look like toilet seats, butI still love them.

2. 山下智久 says:

the apple is very expensive in china many people are crazy for it and even lose their body!

3. 山下智久 says:

i like samsung !

4. YJ says:

Apple is beginning to lose infulence on the market, because there are so may alternatives on the market today that are cheaper and much better.

5. Richard S. says:

I still feel that Apple is still infringing the Beatles Apple label.

6. schtuka says:

I don’t think our Chinese friend understand the irony or pay attention to your nickname.

7. George Semel says:

Well I wonder what the old Bolsheviks would say about it? Apple is one of the great Capitalist Companies in the world. And its So American too. But the Russians know good stuff when they see it, and they buy it too. Even in the old days of the Bolsheviks the still bough a lot of good hard ware from the west an America because they needed it and well good stuff no matter were it comes from its very cost effective. Buy the good stuff, and in most cases you only have to pay for it once.

8. SSSR says:

This post takes me back to the 80’s,and Heavy Metal ruled the world!Someone give me a thumb up :)

9. Tangowolf says:

In the Golden 8-bit/16-bit eras of home computers, Apples were decent enough. But lately their innovations seem more focused on helping celebrate materialism and the worst aspects of commercialism. I’ve received an iPod as a gift several years ago but it broke within two months of receiving it. I never went out of my way to replace it. I also don’t like Apple’s censorship policy on the apps that they will allow to be published.

10. Robert says:

This new Moscow Apple store looks really amazing. Apple always finds a way to put function and appearance together and this store is no different. I would go to Moscow to check out this store. And I think that is what they were striving for. Apple now creates the best products that are the best looking. And, by the way, Apple now has stores in 12 countries….hope it will have more in future…
    Robert from http://cashadvancesus.com/