Vyborg Castle is a Swedish built medieval fortress near Vyborg, the Leningrad Region. It was one of the three major castles of Finland. It was built as the easternmost outpost of the medieval Kingdom of Sweden in 1293. Currently it is a museum .
Its tower walls were 4 m thick while the fence walls were 1.5 to 2 m thick.
They say that they spent a lot of money to build this castle and make nice finishing inside. They surrounded the castle with a defence wall which formed the so called "lower court".
The commandant's house.
One of the south walls. It has been renewed. This anchor belonged to a Swedish ship Elisabeth Charlotta.