29 My Name Is Ali And I Am Kazakh

My Name Is Ali And I Am Kazakh

Posted on January 6, 2012 by

One may think that Ali is a student from another country visiting Karaganda, Kazakhstan. In fact, Ali is a Kazakh who grew up at an orphanage and differs from other Kazakh people with the color of his skin.

This is a story about a man trying to find his place in this life.

Ali is a Kazakh with black blood in his veins.

Ali was born in a one-parent family in Tashkent in 1991. He grew up with his mother until he was 10. His mother was a saleslady and they could hardly make both ends meet. When Ali turned 10, she decided to go back to Kazakhstan, her homeland.

29 Responses to “My Name Is Ali And I Am Kazakh”

1. geoff says:

it sais “His unusual look is what makes him special”.

There is nothing special about his look

2. (r)evolutionist says:

The real tragedy in this story is having to say you’re Kazakh. Lame joke aside, pride of any people in any geographical space is misguided.

• Vlad says:

You must be a Communist.

• geoff says:

I think he is a realist

• Vlad says:

Right, because you both are of the vein that heritage/culture and an established existence of race of said heritage/culture is nothing but a dream and something that is just a mere fancy, right?

What is that American double-standard again, that diversity can only be had when everybody lives together, mixes and becomes as ONE?

Makes sense, Communist.

• geoff says:

Vlad, both (r)evolutionist and I live in two different countries, neither of which has a communist govt. Surely you can understand (r)evolutionists concept. You can be proud of your heritage or culture if you think it important. But why would you feel pride in the geographical location of a place. For the most part, where we live is simply a matter of circumstances any way, not our choice.

• (r)evolutionist says:

Actually, I’m envious that you live in a place where a city is named “Darwin.” Doesn’t get much better than that…

• Vlad says:

The work, effort, blood, sweat, tears and generations of my kin that have lived here before me that have developed, tended, built and ultimately made this place HOME is why one should be proud of a “geographical location”. You don’t have to have a communist government to BE communist in thinking. Anybody that thinks culture/heritage and a “geographical location” to propgate themselves is not important is two things: 1) ignorant of the most basic laws of natural survival of life and 2) a person brainwashed by the illogical fallocies of Marxist Communist — which is entirely a Jewish concept, just like Christianity, Judaism and Islam, which just so happens to be the major driving factors as to why this Earth is in complete self-destruction and is a flaming fireball of mediocry.

3. JT says:

It’s special in Kazakhstan, where there’s only Asians and white people (Russians, etc..). People there have only seen black people in the movies, never in real life. He’s probably the only black person in the whole country, and he speaks Kazakh fluently. That’s extremely rare for Kazakhstan.

4. Vlad says:

Moral of the story: never race mix, or you’ll end up looking like that – black and desheveled, looking like Babayka.

5. e says:

Mixed race people are some of the most beautiful people in the world.

• Rich says:

In my opinion he looks pretty ugly, but that’s just my opinion.
      Hybrids aren’t prettier than mono race people.
      a good looking Mulatta for example, probably will be more of an eye catcher than a as good looking asian or white woman because of her “specialness”.
      Its very subtle and depends to the observer.

• Scott says:

I have to agree with you on that one e.
      I think if we looked hard enough at our individual heritage we would find that not only is each one of us special, individual and different in so many subtle ways, but that we are all so mixed up we actually belong together, as one Human Race.
      Now, if only we could remember that more often, just saying x

• Vlad says:

No, we don’t belong together any more than a lion belongs with a zebra. We can learn to co-exist together and share the earth, which is much more realistic than sharing to share each other’s women, each other’s food and house and land. Contrary to popular belief (or should I say the propaganda shoved down our throats from Hollywood), mix-race peoples are generally not beautiful at all. Not only that, they suffer serious psychological issues, especially when it comes to their personal identity – which, come to find out, is very important to ones personal happiness!

6. foma says:

there are not mixed races in world’s provinces. Multi-culture you can find only in top states of the world. Not like Russia or Kazakhstan.

7. MikeFromCanada says:

I wish him much success! Interesting post.

8. Zonda says:

I read all the comments and I realize that it’s still hardly to consider the people as they acting instead as they looking. How many years we need to reach the spiritual level where we be able to see the soul, not only the body…?

9. Roberto says:

strange only in those russian speakears countries nothing wrong with this guy…that is why those countries belong to the 4 world with africa ..

10. Sindbad says:

He looks bizzare lika a sad clown. Maybe somebody should tell him that his place is in Africa not in Kazakhstan

11. ayaa says:

Wow! So if you are black, then you don’t even count as a human to some people here, huh?

12. Ellisa says:

Beautiful. Powerful. More power to you baby you got skills.
    Raptivism.tumblr.com

13. Aissa says:

I’m biracial and this story seemed kind of sad to me. I’m not sure if I would be as proud as him to be Kazakh after his experiences, which says a lot about his character to see through people’s ignorance and see them as human beings. Compassion I’m sure they do not extend to him. The alienation he’s experienced/experiences must be palpable. Reading this story I am grateful for two thing: that I have the love and support of both sides of my family and that I live in NYC. I wish Ali the best and continual great strength as he achieves his goals and find his happiness.

14. Troy says:

Sad story… All the best to Ali.
    And BTW, he would feel just ok in Brazil ;)

15. gugu says:

I’m not sure how I found this article/photo gallery but it was really beautiful to read. Must be a very strong guy and humour is his best tool! Also helps he’s good looking too.