26 How To Become The Best Auto Service Center

How To Become The Best Auto Service Center

When a new car needed wheel repairing it was taken to a new center in Moscow that practiced a concept according to which a client gets maximum attention.

Following a long journey to the south last summer the wheels lost their round shape which led to unpleasant vibration while driving 100-110 km an hour.

26 Responses to “How To Become The Best Auto Service Center”

1. Jonny says:

If this center is so professional, why don’t they have Lifts for the cars?
    And to find out that wheels are not balanced you don’t need “Professionals” like stated in the text, the Machine does everything for you, just do what it says after you let the wheel go.
    Also why do they put 2 Weights next to each other on the wheel? Don’t they have one weight with exact weight?

• solefald says:

heh…. i was scrolling through the pictures and thinking “where the hell are their lifts???”.

• hector says:

about the “exact weight piece” it’s dangerous to have a huge weight pice, it can loosen and come out pretty fast… so it’s more common to have two or even three weight pieces together… it’s easy to talk when you don’t know the real facts (and i do know mostly because a friend haves a workshop similar to this)

• Jonny says:

I can talk easy because i worked as a mechanic and had to do this as well..
        And this “huge” pieces are not that heavy, and if you put it on exactly, which is not very hard, it won’t come off. Mostly the ones you stick inside a rim come off, because you didn’t clean the inside good enough. Also the weights can fall of if you used the wrong ones. There are some for steel and alloy rims

• Tolka says:

Yeah, you are right. But.. You forgot one impotant thing: this is Russia, and Russia dont have roads, just way”s to go..
          so you must fix weight with screw if you dont want it to come off :)

2. 山下智久 says:

l like hyundai motor

• Scrat says:

I have a 2001 Hyundai Accent with 117000 miles on it. I love it, easy to work on. Me and a friend changed the clutch, we pulled out the motor to do it and it only took us 4.5 hours. It gets 40 mpg on the highway and 33 in the city. Not a Cadillac but for a grocery getter it’s great.

• 山下智久 says:

all new 2012hyundai accent is very beautiful!대한제국

• CZenda says:

Where I live, spares for these Korean jobs are quite expensive (e.g. aftermarket fender for KIA costs several times more than that for, say, Peugeot). Also, the engines have very poor reputation (obsolete and thirsty). I will not touch them and stick with European brands.

3. Corvin says:

without exaggeration, a normal garage, nothing special

4. w says:

WORST POST EVER

5. Corey says:

No air tools? Didnt see a torque wrench… playing a dangerous game if you dont torque wheels to spec. Huge lawsuits. And I am sorry, I would feel uneasy leaving my infinity outside to be worked on while on 4 axle stands.

6. Osip says:

It appears that the choice of floor materials would be problematic for auto workshop. I would prefer something smoother, maybe.

7. jeffrey pigden says:

Hold your comments until AFTER you learn to run a dynamic balancer!

8. George Johnson says:

They’re not checking to see how “round the tires are”, they’re checking the balance. Unless they sell tires in Russia, that just aren’t round to start with.

I’ve got no idea what “slits on the spikes” is/are. Sounds broken though.

And you guys need to figure out, there is no such thing as a free lunch. That “absolutely free tea”, ain’t. You’re paying for it through higher prices paid to the service center. Come to my service center, and I’ll hand out “free $100 bills”. But I’ll charge you out the whazoo for the service.

Nice clean place though.

• cockatrice says:

Splits on the sipes (sub channels in the tread). When you see that on retreads, it means that large sections of the tread are getting ready to depart.

9. CZenda says:

I am sure the inhabitants of the surrounding housing estate just LOVE to have a car repair shop right under their windows. BTW, there are these gizmos called “impact wrench” and “torque wrench”…

10. ROH says:

@Jonny: Lifts? What for. Seemingly this garage specialises in wheel repair only, for taking of wheels a lift is simply not necessary and too expensive.

11. hector says:

jackstands are ok, they seem new or at least well mantained, now the tea and clean place makes this workshop a nice place to get your tires fixed… about the “exact weight piece” it’s dangerous to have a huve weight pice, it can loosen and come out pretty fast… so it’s more common to have two or even three weight pieces together… it’s easy to talk when you don’t know the real facts (and i do know mostly because a friend haves a workshop similar to this)

12. vla says:

this days in my &*%&^ country this type of service is always asocieted with money laundering

13. DougW says:

Odd flooring and there are better jacks, those look like they came from an auto parts store. Still though, I use a place that only has floor jacks and they do a very good job.

14. Vitaliy says:

To me this seems like a simple wheel shop.

15. Yakov says:

Why no lifts?
    In Soviet Russia, car lifts YOU!