24 You Are In The Army Now, Part 2

You Are In The Army Now, Part 2

Posted on December 15, 2011 by

We keep telling you about the fourteen darers who voluntary joined the army for a seven-day period. It’s day number three and all of them begin to understand how important such trivial things as a shower, comfortable bed and free time are.

So, that day they practiced tank and armoured personnel carrier driving.

A soldier will never miss a chance to take a nap (anywhere!) because he doesn’t get enough sleep. They wake up at 6 a.m. and go to bed at 10 p.m.

24 Responses to “You Are In The Army Now, Part 2”

1. historian says:

this is very silly

2. ayaa says:

“Driving a tank is almost the same as driving a car. The difference is that you don’t feel the size of it and never will and the vision is terrible.”

No wonder. Maybe they should have tried a T-90.

• Mr. Fox says:

Dose ‘Dedovshchina’ still exsist now?

• ayaa says:

Of course. Thats hazing. There is no military in the world that does not have hazing in the ranks, in one form or another and to varying degrees.

If you mean the brutal, systematic and sometimes deadly version that plagued Russia after the demise of the Soviet military, that has thankfully become virtually non-exsitent.

• Don says:

Of course it exist. Those who served 8 months are dembelya. But dedi are anyone who served like 2-4 months more than ne coming soldiers. They milk youngsters,like taking AK automat from soldier hands as for check and then they take out some detail. Then they say we will return it if you’ll give us 1500 rubles. Its what happened with some guy whom i know.

• 山下智久 says:

你驾驶过坦克?

• ayaa says:

[山下智久]

Why is it that you can post in Chinese, but I can’t post in Cyrillic? If your question is directed at me, and if you are asking if I drove tanks, then yes.

I was with the 4th Tank Guards for four years, and I did crew training for T-64’s, T-72’s, T-80’s and T-90’s.

3. Matlok says:

Wouldn’t these guys have had their two years of service when they turned eighteen? So why are they “playing” army now?

• ayaa says:

Good question. Probably draft dodgers.

Really pisses me off. It’s like with the ultra-nationalists. They go out on the streets yelling, “we will destroy you, chechnya” or something like, all in the name of serving mother Russia. But when it comes to actually wearing the uniform of mother Russia and defending her, they are the first ones to run away when the draft season begins every April and October.

4. Mr. Fox says:

Reality : mobilized to load construction, help farmers, renovate military facility, shovel snow…

5. ayaa says:

What an excellent tactic, aiming an assault rifle at a TANK! Yep, that’s gonna stop it right in its tracks.

6. Hirsh says:

Russian “Stripes”…

7. Andrey says:

Among these men are 3 Russian “Mayak” radio DJs (the guy with a big machinegun for example), who offered the other listeners to serve with them for a week. They report about it in “Stillavin and his friends” at mornings, daily. Some of them served before, some didn’t.
    The show has promotional and explanatory (along with the fun) purposes.

8. Matlok says:

When ever I check out these post about the Russian military, I am struck by all of the similarities of the military the world over. I think that even though I’ve been out of the service for 23 years. I could join any army, or navy, of any country or period of history and be able to fit right in. That part about soldiers never missing a chance for a nap any where, how true! My rack on the ship was right below the 5 inch gun mount, and right next to the ammunition hoist, and I’ve slept right through firing exercises!

9. zero says:

This is stupid. While I think that there should be no conscription (only voluntary enlistment), I still respect people who go there on their will.

However, this “7 day in the army” is pure idiocy – it is stunt/bad joke. Either serve properly or don’t serve at all. What’s the purpose of 7 day pretend service?

• Hirsh says:

The purpose is comedy i would guess. As i said, Russian “Stripes” (like the movie). Although my comment seems to have been taken as Russophobic propaganda and red flagged into oblivion once again… lmao, Russophiles need to develop a sense of humor. Seriously…

10. scud-werfer says:

wow, the BMP-1 is a damn hard horse! Since more than 50 Years produced and always in service!

11. CZenda says:

Avoiding the service in the army used to be a question of pride during the bad old days of Communist Czechoslovakia. Getting the “Blue Book” (i.e. certificate of unability to serve in the Communist armed forces) was a holiday celebrated harder than birthday or Christmas :)
    IIRC, the name of the local rock band from late 60s, “Blue Effect”, is based on the fact that it was open only to those musicians who were proudly showing their “Blue Books”.

12. randomperson says:

Anyone notice that they called the Kalashnikovs “Tommy Guns”? Who writes for ER and can’t identify an AK when he sees one? I mean I wouldn’t expect him to ID it as an AKS-74 but a “Tommy Gun”? Really.