23 New Metro Stations Finally Open In Moscow!

New Metro Stations Finally Open In Moscow!

Posted on December 3, 2011 by

They've finally opened three new metro stations in Moscow. Let's go check!

'Borisovo Metro Station'.

A lobby.

23 Responses to “New Metro Stations Finally Open In Moscow!”

1. Mal says:

Spectacular – especially all the state-of-the-art lighting fixtures. In New York all that would be filthy in a couple weeks.

2. JoE says:

They should really add a non-slip texture pad at the edge of the platforms.

3. ptc says:

Interesting fact about Moscow metro: it is forbidden to photograph the tunnels. You can make photographs of metro cars, stations, escalators – but not the entrances of the tunnels.

4. ayaa says:

Nice. People really should start to use public transport more than cars.

But then again, I don’t think I could bring myself to take the metro, cause I have a perfectly good car. :)

5. Taisto says:

Not much progress has been made since commie-times, if any.

• Jean Ubota says:

I wish to visit Moscow and its metro as well.Friends told me that your metro system was very well buit ans very clean as maintance is very welle done. I lived in Montreal Canada and the metro system is hoorific qith dirt, maintenance is poor, noisy, very noisy and safety is minimal, and people can eat in the metro, have their lunch while in the wagon for exemple, which is very bad as it contributes to dirtyness; also newspaer on the fllor at any time. Thanks and keeep going
      Youur friend Ubota

6. Number says:

U people have the most beautiful,metro stations of the world!!

7. Verto says:

Very impressive addition in metro service,but one thing is obviously i noticed that all new platforms has no “anti slip” tiles installation at the end the borders of platforms ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

8. EngrishBob says:

These are actually quite nice. They don’t try to be anything but places of temporary stay while moving from A to B.

9. Sergei says:

Container for bombs – a very necessary thing for the subway. Often find the bomb and do not know where it do with it. :)

10. Hirsh says:

Beautiful, at least all those Moscow dwelling Russians who can’t afford cars and wouldn’t know where to park them if they did own one can travel in style!

11. Mr. Fox says:

Shape of light is impressing. but dose WIFI available at that place?

12. ZeroDrop says:

The stations are very beautiful and modern, and some trains look very old. So much contrast! I like it!

13. stanislav says:

Cool stations. I wish in my city (I live in novosibirsk – siberia) metro stations were being built that fast. And I wish they looked like those… Apparently, I wish for too much

14. schtuka says:

At least one thing is going right direction. The traffic in Moscow is just hell on wheels. You do not want to drive in the city until midnight.

15. George Johnson says:

This is nice. Don’t get me wrong, but I like the older ones more. They’re more artistic, much more beautiful. Very “arty”.

This is nice, but not much there. I’m sure part of it is cost. The older ones were WAY more expensive.

This is kinda like, comparing new, modern, glass covered building, to an old Gothic cathedral.

It’s nice, it’s just not the same, not like the others.

16. Mercal says:

Is it built like Chernobyl?

Everything from Russia (unless military equipment) is all junk.

• Smiley :) says:

We can only hope that you never become a parent or ever have any other responsible position. Not that your likely to get a position.

17. James says:

That’s not a train station, that’s a work of art. Well done Moscow, very well done!

18. Aaron says:

Cool stations! Though I see one downside of having shiny new stations — they make some of the trains look dingy in comparison.

19. (r)evolutionist says:

One thing missing: portrait of Comrade Lenin… ;-)

20. Leningradsky says:

In St.Petersburg metro the signs are doubled in English.

21. crf says:

It looks like the security cameras were an afterthought in the overall design. They are needlessly ugly and oppressive. Better integration would make people secure, and yet still feel comfortable.