The train was built in 1894 - 1896. It had been reconstructed many times and by 1902 it consisted of 10 cars. Some of them were intended for the Emperor, his family and suite. A kitchen, a luggage compartment and a compartment for servants were located in the other cars. Later, they added one more car to the train and it was used as a church.
Emperor Nicholas II with his wife and son.
The cars were painted in dark blue and decorated with gilding. They used fine and expensive wood, floors were covered with linoleum and carpets. Between the Emperor's compartment and the compartment of his wife, there was a bathroom. The tub was made of two metals, copper and silver.
A dining room in the restaurant car.