This is a general view of Balaklava Bay, the Black Sea. Under this mountain in the middle there is an armoury, a channel, and a service, repair and equipment base for submarines. It had been built since 1957 until 1961 by military men, who were later accompanied by specialists in underground construction. It is also an anti-radiation shelter for 3000 people. The maximum width of the
rocky ground is 126 meters. The channel has a length of 505 meters, a width of 6-8.5 meters and a depth of 6-8.5 meters. The base became abandoned in 1995 and in 2003 they opened a museum there, where they show the armoury and the channel, but the access to mines, torpedoes and the service, repair and equipment base remain closed for regular viewers.
On Novermber, 2nd in Naro-Fominsk, a demonstration of training of the reconnaissance company of the 4th tank brigade took place. The event was timed to the Military Reconnaissance Day, which they celebrate in Russia on November, 5th.
Reconnaissance parties are very important for the army because they provide it with information. That is why soldiers should be ready for anything, such as shooting, fighting, firing mines, throwing knives, making an ambush, etc.
It was an unbelievable luck that on Septermber 7th, 2010, the crew of the plane carrying 72 passengers on board, managed to make an emergency landing on an abandoned runway near Izhma Village. Since then, the lucky Tu-154 has been called 'a miracle of Izhma'.
The company 'ALROSA', the second largest dimond-mining company in the world, which owns the plane, did not leave it in taiga but spent over 20 million rubles (65o thousand dollars) to restore it and make 'the lucky aircraft' fly again.