9 More Sweat In Training, Less Bleeding In War

More Sweat In Training, Less Bleeding In War

Posted on November 28, 2011 by team

A military examination took place in the largest training centre of the Vladimir region. All the servicemen here are contractors, and it means that all of them went to the army when they were mature men. In the so called “school of sergeants” they teach specialists of motorized infantry and tank units, warlike equipment drivers, communications specialists and snipers. Right that day servicemen were passing the skill approval exams.

Infantry combat vehicle driving exam. At first it may seem that they are going to race.

9 Responses to “More Sweat In Training, Less Bleeding In War”

1. raaa says:

Funny Soviet technology.
    You need a screwdriver to use the rifle.
    So often jammed.

2. ayaa says:

“There is a log behind. What is it for? To use it when you are out of ammo.”

Ryt. The log was used as everything but a weapon. :D

It is usually intended to help armor get out of mud, but it can be used in other ways too. A quite common problem with t-80A’s (before they were upgraded to t-80U’s) was that the track would slip. The log could be easily used as a lever to lift the track back up. And on several occasions they made for good firewood.

• yojimbo says:

I know I have seen many people wonder what the log is for seems pretty obvious that is used “sticky” situations.

And raaa does not know what he is talking about most modern optics can be adjusted via the knobs but very fine tuning must be done using a screwdriver.

So often jammed? what raaa’s brain? I bet you could have an AK stove pipe on you and you’d toss the gun away as useless.God forbid an M-16 stove pipe on you then you’d cry and trow the gun away.

• ayaa says:

Yeah. I trained with an Ak-74M for six months. Never took it apart to clean the insides. And yet, whenever the trainers told me to check my gun, I would chamber a round, pull the trigger and the gun always fired. You can’t get more reliable than that.

The POS-1’s reticle depends on a small bulb, which tends to come loose. Never did the advanced markmanship course myself, but that’s about the only thing you need a screwdriver for.

3. Chico says:

It’s nice to see a Russia that starts caring about bleeding in war. Hasn’t been the case from the Czar through Afghanistan.

4. Scrat says:

Logs can come in quite handy in many situations, not only can you use it for a fire or sit on it, when you run out of ammo you can use it to destroy the optics of a NATO tank or stuff it down the barrel. Ayaa is more correct than I am though.