17 Sniper Military Exercise

Sniper Military Exercise

Posted on November 23, 2011 by

In one of our previous posts we have already told you about shootings they exercise in Alabino. So, this time they invited journalists and photographers to the firing ground again, where a newly formed brigade of snipers exercised in shooting.

The contract soldier has always wanted to be a sniper so he decided to come back to army. He was asked to give some instructions.

He told about peculiarities of being a sniper and the Dragunov sniper rifle.

More from our network:

17 Responses to “Sniper Military Exercise”

1. ayaa says:

The plan is to introduce special sniper sub-units within each brigade not build up whole brigades of snipers.

Yeesh. When will ER stop using Google translate.

2. ayaa says:

I have a military-grade SVD that I use for hunting. I can easily fit in 14 carts into the magazine, and I’ve seen some force as much as 17 carts.

• Matlok says:

Wish we could get the SVD here in the U.S. I would like one. The Romanian PSL is as close as I can get. I would like a night vision scope for it, I think it would be great for wild hogs at night!

• ayaa says:

Aren’t Dragunovs available there? I thought altleast civilian models were be available.

• Matlok says:

For a very short time, back in the 90’s, they imported a few civilian model SVD’s called “Tigers”. Also a few Chinese military NDM 86’s. There are less than 200 Russian military issue SVD’s in the U.S.. I heard that we stopped importing them because of a request by the Russian Government. incidentally, a civilian “Tiger” will cost you 2000-3000 U.S. dollars, the Chinese NDM 86 at least $3000, a real Russian military issue SVD will cost you at least $6000 U.S. dollars. Probably more. In contrast, the Romanian PSL will cost you about $600-$800 dollars, and a case of 880 rounds of standard 7.62×54 ammo cost about $150 dollars the Russian sniper ammo is rare here and very expensive.

• ayaa says:

$6000? Yeesh.

No thanks. Mine is military issue, army surplus. I got it for 55,000rubles ($1800). Thats with a full optic sight kit.

So the SVD is off limits. Are SVU’s available?

• Hirsh says:

12: “Why can’t SVDs be imported from Russia again?”

Russian SVDs and Tigers, and Chinese NDM-86s are banned under completely different agreements with Russia and China. You will not be able to get newly imported Dragunovs now that the “Assault Weapon Ban” has expired. Pres. Clinton banned Chinese exports of arms and ammunition to the United States in 1994, which was a separate ban from the Russian voluntary restriction on Arms and Ammunition. It is Russia, not the US, that is preventing new Dragunov rifles from being imported to the US.

• ayaa says:

It’s not like treaties or agreements ever stopped you before.

One such example, it was agreed that the Baltic republics would not become part of NATO. But they did, and its people like me that have to learn the language, geography and prepare for a preemptive strike.

3. Matlok says:

I wondered what they meant by that!

4. Daniel says:

The Red Army had a long history of effective sniper employment. There were many famous snipers, including several women during WWII.

5. Zonda says:

Dragunov rulz!

6. Pedro says:

loved the dummy head and the camouflage xD looks like snowman or the yeti

7. rn__b says:

JAN PAWEŁ II GWAŁCIŁ MAŁE DZIECI
    WYKOP EFEKT KURWA

8. ME GUSTAN LOS CHICOS RUSOS MAS QUE LOS CHICOS AMERICANOS….NO SE PORQUE…..GUAPOS