9 Toll Highway Moscow-St. Petersburg

Toll Highway Moscow-St. Petersburg

Posted on November 20, 2011 by

They plan to put the the toll highway Moscow-St. Petersburg into operation in 2018, but its first kilometers have already been built.

Check out these photos, and you will understand that this road is sure to be liked by many car owners of the country, even though for now its construction’s caused a lot of controversy .

via rbcdaily.ru

Subscribe to our Facebook, Twitter to stay updated for the new posts.

More stories:

Click here to read next random post from English Russia

9 Responses to “Toll Highway Moscow-St. Petersburg”

1. Ham are sick, Al says:

It’s about time having a full freeway connect between the two cities.

2. Mummeli says:

Okay, i looked at the pics, but still wont get it – why is this going to be loved? Looks just like a normal road contruction site to me, not even the view is that different. What am i missing here?

3. Steamed McQueen says:

Good thing: A new road between Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Bad thing: Because most of the money that should be used for building the road to proper standards is probably being stolen, this road will most likely fall apart within two or three years.

The tolls? Those will be stolen as well.

It really doesn’t matter what country one lives in. Roads and bridges never get properly maintained or repaired because the people who are in charge of allocating the money for these things, well these people fly everywhere they have to go.

Sad, really.

4. RAB says:

I think this means that Russia really dosen’t have any highways. I am beside myself in disbelief all the junk roads I have seen in the pictures I thought were all back country, I thought they just left out the good stuff. Now I am starting to feel really sorry for Russians there has to be about a million miles of beautiful highways in north America. Our roads are one of the most important and fun things we have. We drive on polished glass wherever we want to go. This is so unreal to me.

• ayaa says:

Of course there are highways here. When the 1990’s and the economic crisis happened they, like pretty much everything else had to fend for themselves. Hence, the poor condition of the highway system.

• Matt C. says:

Polished glass huh? In California we build roads to the highest Mexican standards. By that I mean they’re falling apart and total shite and when they are rebuilt they do it wrong. A shame really, back when lazy Whites were still making them they were the best in the nation.

5. eh says:

I guess the roads are racist, when they end up better when made by whites instead of Mexicans. Damn racist roads.

6. Kent of Sweden says:

In summing up, with construction of roads as in most other forms of human endevour, you get what you pay for. Cheap and shitty roads or expensive and good (but in some places you can actually get both things, both shitty and expensive)