This is a general view of Balaklava Bay, the Black Sea. Under this mountain in the middle there is an armoury, a channel, and a service, repair and equipment base for submarines. It had been built since 1957 until 1961 by military men, who were later accompanied by specialists in underground construction. It is also an anti-radiation shelter for 3000 people. The maximum width of the rocky ground is 126 meters. The channel has a length of 505 meters, a width of 6-8.5 meters and a depth of 6-8.5 meters.
The base became abandoned in 1995 and in 2003 they opened a museum there, where they show the armoury and the channel, but the access to mines, torpedoes and the service, repair and equipment base remain closed for regular viewers.
An entry portal connecting the channel and the bay.
Through this exit portal submarines get into the Black Sea.
A portal in the bay.
Next to the yellow thing there is an entrance to the armoury, the administration.
Many years ago, submarines went from there to be on duty.
The channel starts here.
In this picture you see an entrance portal for submarines, an entrance to the base and mines and torpedoes compartment.
When a submarine was about to enter, the floating bridge would turn sideways.