The museum of civil aviation in Ulyanovsk is one the largest aviation museums in Russia. It contains over 9000 exhibits including hundreds of originals.
The Antonov An-14 Pchelka (“Little Bee”) was a Soviet utility aircraft which was first flown on 15 March 1958. It is one of the most interesting and beautiful machines among other Soviet light aircrafts. With very stable flight characteristics, the An-14 could be flown by anyone after a few hours of basic training. A small number of An-14 are still in airworthy condition.
Serial production started in 1966, and about 340 examples were built by the time production ended in 1972. An-14 couldn’t replace a more modern model of An-2. An-28 and An-38 were later modifications of the plane.
The Antonov An-24 is a 44-seat twin turboprop transport designed and manufactured in the Soviet Union by the Antonov Design Bureau from 1957.
Flying range is 3000 km, course speed is 490 km an hour, maximum take-off mass is 21 tons. Over 1000 of the airplanes were produced and 300 machines are exploited today. By the 6th of September 149 An-24 planes were lost in the result of accidents, and 2034 of people died. One serious accident occurred on August 8, 2011 in Blagoveshchensk city when a plane landed 200 meters away from the flight strip because of the storm. 10 passengers got severe traumas. The machine is not subject to restoration.
M-15 is an agricultural aircraft that was developed in Poland in 1970 following the order of the USSR.
The Let L-410 Turbolet is a twin-engined short-range transport aircraft, manufactured by the Czech aircraft manufacturer LET, mostly used for passenger transport. Since 1969 more than 1100 airframes have been produced.