26 Russian Politicians Go Hunting

Russian Politicians Go Hunting

Posted on November 1, 2011 by team

Hunting and politics. Nikolay II's hunting was similar to slaughter, Stalin set traps to catch Arctic foxes, Brezhnev struck his head against rifle buttstock. Some Russian politicians being at hunting.

As all hunters Russian leaders had their favorite kinds of such an activity. Tsar Aleksey Mikhailovich and Empress Catherine II preferred falconry, Peter II - following the hounds. Anna Ivanovna and Elizaveta Petrovna enjoyed fowling. Alexander II and Alexander III were fond of great bear, elk or aurochs  battue.
Nikolay II's hunting was similar to slaughter.  His enthusiasm carried things to far. Here is one document witnessing about this:
Tsar's hunting report, 1902.
Killed in all:
Owl - 273
Black grouse - 133
Jay - 775
Hazel-grouse - 22
Crow - 3341
Raven - 13

Alexander III at hunting.

26 Responses to “Russian Politicians Go Hunting”

1. geoff says:

Hunting should be done the way a carnivore animal does it. With you bear hands, no gun not from a distance, with your hands.

These are powerful men showing how week they are. Any man that kills an animal for ‘pleasure’ is weak and sick.

2. BlowME says:

I bet beside Arctic foxes Stalin was also hunting on “enemies of the state”…

3. Tovarich Volk says:

Well of course Stalin didn’t like hunting, which is why he created the NKVD.

4. Steven says:

Hunting is what Royalty did, so just like on Animal farm, the new royalty continued the traditions of the old.

5. Hirsh says:

Interesting photos but more interestingly, what happened to the guns? Brezhnev’s collection, the others? Are they lost to history?

6. George Johnson says:

I like hunting, but “hunting”, just for a “trophy” is pretty sick. That’s nothing more than killing simply for the sake of killing.

The second photo, looks like hunting animals, for no other reason than to hang antlers on a wall.

7. Baby Jesus says:

Wow, I used to have a bit of sympathy for Nicholas II. Shooting kitties?

Why?

8. geoff says:

Baby Jesus I believe Nicholas II would have killed absolutely anything.

9. geoff says:

What future do we have when we have no compassion for life. All life, not just your life or your family or the people you like or your pet dog or cat. Our future is safe only when we have compassion for ALL LIFE.

• geoff says:

Comment back from the dead. I thought it died and my grief prompted the next sarcastic one. It should die.

• ayaa says:

People like you and [Hirsh] make me laugh. Getting all worked up over comment ratings. :)

• geoff says:

ayaa children will be children

• ayaa says:

Lol. Sometimes you crack me up. Other times, (I’d better not say it).

BUT, just what led you to become so against violence of any kind?!! You previously mentioned that you had promised never to embrace violence. Why? (If this is a sensitive matter for you, I’ll understand).

• geoff says:

ayaa I follow the teaching of the Buddha. I have for most of my life. For me my religion works well. I am content, satisfied and secure.

• Hirsh says:

lol @ ayaa! Comment ratings not so much, the silly things people sometimes actually say, a bit… ;)

But it’s good natured even if it doesn’t always come across that way. I’m never mad of fuming about what anyone says, just a bit augmentative for the sake of debate. And i’m more then willing to “eat crow” when i realize i’m wrong about things.

• AtGeoff says:

If we refuse to kill anything, we die. Or do plants not count because they aren’t fuzzy? Welcome to the circle of life on this planet. You take life to survive and when you die, other lifeforms will do the same to you.

• geoff says:

“AtGeoff’ We choose what we put ourselves above, (and kill). I will put myself above the life of a non-sentient plant and take its life. You might have a an animal killed because you put your self above them. The fact that you would kill a defenseless animal because you like the taste of its flesh puts in the same class as any beast.

• geoff says:

“AtGeoff’ I do not mean to imply that you personally are a beast. I mean all of us. There is only one thing that can put a man above an animal.

10. geoff says:

Hidden due to low comment rating…….Because I do not say that gun are a fabulous invention, so useful. And killing things is a productive pastime that we should teach our children.

• Hirsh says:

Guns are a fabulous invention for defending yourself, and your nation. But i don’t expect an Australian to understand that after seeing how easily you all rolled over and allowed the government to take your guns away, after a long history of respecting gun ownership. Big mistake.

• geoff says:

Hirsh we had a vote to ban hand guns and automatic weapons, your saying we rolled over and allowed it is wrong, we chose it. The majority of people do not want guns in our society. If you talk to a person like my boss, who likes guns, he will tell you we were ripped off, that is not the case, he is a small minority and he knows it.

A person from Texas told me that his family is safer because he owns a hand gun and he thought the genocide in Rwanda would not have happened if the population could defend themselves with guns. Do you agree with him. I do not.

Hirsh like you have said, this is the internet and somebody will always disagree with you. Please do not be offended by my comments.

• Hirsh says:

I’m not offended in just don’t agree with the mentality that we are all safer when only people who are criminals still own guns, and i accept you all voted for it, but i do feel it was a big mistake. And i could careless what some opinionated Texan believes about Rwanda or anything else. Why don’t you ask actual Rwandans who survived the genocide how they feel about that question? Because i’m pretty sure you and Mr. Texan don’t have a clue about the real answer and are both talking to support your own opinion.

11. pytor says:

overall i liked nikita khruchev.A good and impulsive leader.I wonder whether other USSR leaders could really hunt or their minions did it for them.And why stalin needed hunting?The guy was evil and had killed millions of humans…

12. geoff says:

Hirsh thank you for the reply

13. James says:

Fat old men killing animals for fun shows how sick and disgusting they are. Pathetic.