17 Food Made By Soldiers

Food Made By Soldiers

Cookery School 32

Last time we visited a Cookery School in the Moscow region. Have a look through some other photos related to the same topic.

Cookery School 2

The guys comprehend the art of cooking on every floor, including the ground one.

Cookery School 3

The first floor: the food is ready and gets evaluated.

17 Responses to “Food Made By Soldiers”

1. geoff says:

“The doctor checks whether the utensils are clean enough for Eating” ! !

Wow, how hungry must these guys be

2. Matlok says:

I want one of those mobile kitchen trailers! Maybe some of you can tell me what the porridge is? looks like buckwheat or barley, Does it have any beef in it or some other kind of meat? Looks good, whatever it is.

• ayaa says:

Most likely barley. But the MoD decided to change to buckwheat

• Matlok says:

Thanx ayaa! By the way, you asked if I understood Russian, a couple of post back. No I don’t. Although I do recognize some words. My web browser has a good translate feature!

3. briedis says:

Damn I love that bread! The one in stores now isn’t the same as in my childhood…

4. Yojimbo says:

I wonder if the mess hall food is always that good(the permanent facility pictures at the top section)? This is the tech school for the cooks and they are showing it to the public so it may not be as good all the time through out the Russian army.

The photographer must have been a women and considered the the guy in the 12th picture handsome because he shows up in this and the 2 or 3 previous articles about this school several times or maybe he was more active than the others.

In my experience in the US military when a visitor was coming to the base the mess serves the best food other times it might be sub par and the location of the base has a factor in food quality.

• ayaa says:

I agree. I prefer field kitchens, because atleast then, the food standards are consistent. Not like these showoffs.

• Yojimbo says:

I guess some things are about the same in military forces all over the world.What I dislike is how the US military has these damn fast food joints even in warzones F that I personally think that is harmful to military discipline.Funny thing is Gen.McChrystal wanted to get rid of the Starbucks and Burger Kings a sign of a good commander to be honest thing was he spoke the truth about Afghanistan how it was not really working and how some Taliban could be worked with but that got him sacked.

By the way has eglishrussian been acting funny for others?For me it does not always post my comments and in google chrome the page does not update yet in Firefox it is current in Chrome it is stuck on October 30th.

• Matlok says:

Yojimbo I have Google Chrome also and it is acting funny for me too!

• Yojimbo says:

Yeah today I am using Firefox and no updates are showing up maybe they are doing some server work or something that can make a site act funky.It is a .com site so that means that the servers are in North America somewhere.

• Mister Dog says:

Firefox here. It first loaded as a page from last week, the last time I had looked at the site. Hit reload and the new pages came up.

• OLUT says:

I use Firefox and it’s doing that to me too — this is why I only now saw this topic. I thought they had quit updating for a few days! Every time I visit I see the same angry-looking man standing with a rifle at some expo.

I’m guessing someone made a change to the code. The “FORUM” link from the home page is missing, too.

• Hirsh says:

Chrome doesn’t play nice with English Russia. A bunch of ctrl-f5’s MIGHT get you the current page instead of Chrome’s cache though, or not. I blame Google. They’ve had long running issues with caching and not even being able to force a refresh.

5. Ivan says:

Nah, nothing special, it´s a usual soldiers kitchen of today in Russian Army

• Vasia says:

When journalists arrive.

• ayaa says:

In no way is this normal in Russia. Most catering units are field kitchens, the way they should be. If soldiers are spoon-fed and have barracks which are four-star hotels, then they should not consider themselves as soldiers.