14 Champion Customizer

Champion Customizer

Posted on November 1, 2011 by

Yuriy Shif is a famous Byelorussian customizer who designs and constructs motorcycles and then creates their doubles.

Going to his office through the workshop. It smeels like paint here. The squeal of the buffing machine is followed by the knocks of some tools and the work never stops here. On the floor there are two cups reminding of the former wins.

There are a lot of bikes in the room, but it is a bad omen to take pictures of those which are not ready yet.

He didn't study well at school, but had a strong desire to ride on something. So, his career began when he adjusted a motor to his bicycle by himself, which was not difficult for him. However, he made his his first custom Silver Stork only at age 41. Do you want to know what he'd been doing all that time in between? Who doesn't!

He was a manager of a karting team which also had a success which he is proud of as well.

He studied in Germany and the designs he creates, do not come to him in dreams as some people think. Each motorcycle is a result of hard work.

14 Responses to “Champion Customizer”

1. geoff says:

I love motorcycles, have had one for the last thirty five years(10 or 11 different bikes) . I have seen pics of some of these bikes on different sites before, I especially like the Ducati engined thing he calls DUster. I did not know he was Russian (should have guest, the design is so radical:)

Peace Be With You ‘Yury’ and keep up the fantastic work.

• Yojimbo says:

He does good work though I am more into the Cafe Racer style bikes myself I have a Norton frame and tank over a Yamaha engine it is one of a kind I made it myself.I suppose you know what I am talking about that style of custom bike started by the Brits in 60’s.Not so much into to choppers but some are cool.

• Tolka says:

I know that you mean :)
        I had fall in love with Cafe Racer style bikes some time ago. Had visited Ace Cafe and got some inspirations from here. These year I almost finished my own cafe project. it is Honda CX based. here is some pic.
        But have plan to made some changes to it these winter :)
        I like blogs and postings like these becouse they give me inspiration to customise my another bikes.
        (Sorry for bad english)

• Hirsh says:

Actually, for what it’s worth, he’s Belarusian not Russian.

“It took him much effort to prove that his motorcycles, just as Belarus, are worth attention of the American and European viewers. What he didn’t like at these competitions was that a lot of people didn’t know where Belarus was situated and asked him this question.”

2. banditrider says:

Hey Geoff! Duster is the one I like too. I’m still riding, when I can, at 61, and got my first bike when I was 11. I’ve never been without one since, so you could say it’s my 50th anniversary this year. You can tell from my name what I ride now. :)

3. Grabber says:

Awesome bikes, this dude (and his team of course) rocks!

4. Richard W. says:

These are some of the freshest in creative bike building that I’v seen for years.

5. robin yates says:

absolutely amazing work, this guy must be persuaded to continue with his motorcycle designs

6. YJ says:

I like the radical designs but not the typical Harley Davidson styles, those are just too common.

7. Duncan says:

OCC, you ain’t got nothin on these guys!

• Tolka says:

The main difference between these guys and OCC is that OCC made only some of stuff by themselves, a lot of work they are buying from another shops, like painting, gas tanks, seats etc. These guys made all the parts by they own hand, sitting in some old garage without modern electric tools..

• geoff says:

Tolka Your CX looks great, I presume its a 500. Post a link to photos of the new bike when you make it.

Tolka your English is fine

8. Adolfo Camara says:

These are beautiful pieces of work! And I even don’t like motorcycles that much.