12 Rocket Division Control Center, Part 2

Rocket Division Control Center, Part 2

Posted on October 19, 2011 by

In one of our articles we have already mentioned a Rocket Division Control Center in Vlasikha, a place very few people happen to see and even less manage to share their experience with others with no grave consequences for themselves.

The sign runs: We will defeat the enemy not by the number but by the skill. Military-industrial complex 'Ilya Muromets'.

Within just ten years Vlasikha presidio was turned into a closed territorial entity with its own budget and new jobs for its civilian population.

This BMW welcomes all the visitors of the Rocket Division Museum. Judging by the plate with oil, it is on the run!

12 Responses to “Rocket Division Control Center, Part 2”

1. yojimbo says:

Those rocket launch keys they where made out of Titanium. And the device in the 15th picture is one of two things most likely it is a an ammeter or ohmmeter or it might also be an hour meter which are used on machinery to measure hours of use it only count when the machine is fully running. It is one of these I cant read Cyrillic but I am leaning towards the first two because of the rheostats that say 0.25a which must mean amp or ohms or volts in Cyrillic.

• NT says:

That’s an hour meter. And the 2 things you called rheostats are actually circuit breakers.

• yojimbo says:

I was pretty close I was not sure for sure if they where circuit breakers or rheostats.This must have come from some military power generator given the pictures below it by and large the set up is almost the same as similar american equipment and the 17th picture that is a machine that controls the flow of hydraulics I used machines like this is the USAF I hope that it not current because I can figure out what this is used for now and I am an American good thing I that I like Russians.

• yojimbo says:

Also I feel sort of dumb now because hour meters are always placed in simplr circuit and are protected by breakers.

• Hirsh says:

From how they look my guess would have been that they are fuse holders.

2. Zonda says:

“A photo of divisional commander V. I. Chapaev.”
    He was first commander of this site, unfortunately he died waiting rocket to be invented… :)
    Also, the 7-th photo make me to have a good reason to go to check the sheds and garages in my area…

3. Hirsh says:

As i said before this place is really showing it’s age, kind of worrisome. Makes you wonder.

• Hirsh says:

For what it’s worth i don’t question how capable Russians officers are. Just the resources they are given to get the job done.

4. Roberto says:

see the pictures…still using analog telephones??? and no digital odometer, only mecanichal??? mmmmm strange seems like nothing is working is like the apollo instalation in Cape Canaveral or disney movie place everything are fake!!!

5. Hirsh says:

Down ranked? Excuse me for not knowing what 1950s or ’60s Soviet fuse holders look like. That looks to be about the right era for that piece of equipment. I’m assuming they are in the base museum and not operational equipment.

• ayaa says:

Well, seeing as you are the in-house expert on everything, we’ll take your word for it. Don’t mind the comment ratings.

6. Hirsh says:

Never claimed to be an expert about anything. I said “my guess would have been”. Not a big deal.