11 Reconstruction Of the WWI Battle In Ukraine

Reconstruction Of the WWI Battle In Ukraine

Posted on October 17, 2011 by

People know little about World War I, comparing with World War II, although this war also had its heroes and its dramas. The Brusilov Offensive (Lutskiy Proryv) took place in 1916 in the Ukranian city of Lutsk, where this year they tried to reconstruct that battle. The event was named 'Echo of the Great War of 1914-1918. The Lutskiy Proryv'.

A keiser infantryman.

More from our network:

11 Responses to “Reconstruction Of the WWI Battle In Ukraine”

1. Mr. Fox says:

Very realistic and interesting. Temporary armistice and Endless Shelling is impressing.

But almost german using mosin rifle is unrealistic. :)

• Osip says:

The German and Austrian used many captured Russian weapons. Many survive to this day with markings applied by those armies. I have a few in my own collection.

2. geoff says:

Do these men pay for all the uniforms, guns and things themselves.

• Mr. Fox says:

Reproduction uniform and gear are cheap.

• yojimbo says:

I do not think so there are many reenactment groups here in the US Civil War and WWII in particular and they have very strict guidelines as to what is worn and the gear used some of it is original other remade but most guys in these groups they spend a pretty penny on all the stuff judgng by how good these guys look they are very serious hobbyists and they have spent a good amount of their time and money to do this.

• geoff says:

Thanks Mr. Fox.

3. Archy Bunka says:

Russia fought valiantly in WW1. She almost won the war very quickly, Ludendorf had other ideas. Most unnecessary and tragic of wars. More British and French died in WW1 than WW2, or WW1 part 2.

4. DouglasU says:

Here in the US reproduction war uniforms and weapons are VERY costly. I did it for a while but too many think this is for real and they ruin it for everyone.

• yojimbo says:

I fully agree and you can see by the quality of the gear shown in these pics that they have put alot of time and money in.One of my friends his father makes 100% accurate WWII military uniforms and webbing he charges anywhere from $200.00~$1,000.00 for a uniform depending on what must be done to make it.And the weapons those go for a pretty good amount as well although a Mosin is not too costly a pre 1931 model is much more rare and some of these guys are using pre1931 model Mosins in other words not cheap.

5. onyros says:

Hello,

Congrats for this work on the WW1 it’s really great !

But someone knows where I can find pattern of russian uniform (WW1) or a shop online ?

Again, congrats for your work.

Onyros.

Ps: sorry for my English, I’m french. :)