A C-189 613 submarine is moored to the pontoon pier at the Lieutenant Schmidt Embarkment. The submarine was built in 1955 at a Baltic factory. It is the oldest submarine of the postwar construction which is still afloat.
Project 613 Soviet diesel-electric torpedo middle submarine is the first and most numerous type of submarines built after the WWII. The engineering design was made by Efgrafov Y. E. and in August 1948 it was approved. The first submarine was launched in October 1950. In 1951 it was affiliated to the navy. Since 1951 to 1958, they built 215 submarines of this type in the USSR and 21 submarines in China. It was the biggest submarine line in the history of the Soviet shipbuilding; on a world scale, it is the second biggest after the German Type VII submarine line built during World War 2.
A combat submarine aimed at fighting against the enemy's ships, drifting mines, and reconnaissance. Project 613 submarines had been on duty in the seas and the oceans up to the late 80s. They were also used for new weapons tests and as personnel training units. Some of them were converted for other purposes.
Mir sailor and C-189 submarine.
This Project 613 submarine was built in 1954-1955 at a Baltic factory. Today it is the only submarine of its type left. It had been a training unit up to 1988 and in 1990 it sank. It was uplifted in 2005 and two years later they began turning it into a museum that opened on March 18, 2010.
Length - 76 meters;
Width - 6.3 meters;
Displacement: above-water - 1050 tons; under-water - 1350 tons;
Depth of submergence - 200 meters;
Crew - 54 members (8 officers);
Autonomy - 30 days;
Maximum speed: under-water - 13.1 knots; above-water - 18.25 knots;
Time it can stay submerged - 200 hours.
This church can be seen through the periscope of the submarine.
The submarine is divided into 7 sections. The first one is a nose torpedo section; it is dwelling.
These are four 533-millimetre torpedo tubes.