10 Aircraft Construction Department 8623

Aircraft Construction Department 8623

Posted on October 10, 2011 by

There are a lot of factories in Moscow which are connected to aircraft construction. There is nothing unusual in their appearance but they are very interesting on the inside. During the Soviet time, unauthorized people were not admitted to the factory, but now it is much easier. So, let's take a look at Department #8623.

This department is the only one available because all the other doors are locked.

10 Responses to “Aircraft Construction Department 8623”

1. DouglasU says:

wouldn’t it be better to make nice houses for people than this junk?

• historian says:

Why do you think nobody is building nice houses? Have you everbeen out of Yankee Land?

• Verto says:

This “junk” is the holy Treasure of “freedom” fighters of the US occupied countries ! ! ! ! ! !AK’s,RPG’s,MANPAD’s and “type69″ are the weapons of the Holy God ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !7000 in Iraq and almost 3000 in Astan. junk died obsolete,oh man what i m try to saying ?!”*^#$+$$$$$$$$

2. geoff says:

What a complicated machine to build. No wonder fighter jets cost so much money.

3. historian says:

This is why USA is now in crisis, you believe a good look of plants and some hip managers can build good planes.

• j pigden says:

Great planes are built by great people. This plant is gloomy and depressing and so are the people who work there.
      America is in crisis because of GREED!

4. mike says:

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it!

5. j pigden says:

1. the fighter snoots are molds for the fibreglass radar covers at the airplane nose. The next pic shows one in use.

2. the round things named in pic 9 are rotary assembly jigs. As parts are added, the entire assembly canned be turned on its side. This makes routing wires and pipes easier. These yellow jigs are in most of the pics.

6. Terry says:

Personally, I enjoyed the pictures. It is true, ppl do not need anything special to build aircraft. Just tools, experience and determination. Thanks for sharing the pics ok4utbu

7. CaptainGroove says:

Thank you. And thank you! My Dad was a fighter/interceptor driver in the USAF Air Defense Command in the 50’s and 60’s. I grew up on airbases populated with SAC bombers and tankers, ADC fighters and MATS heavy lifters. I and my friends were absolutely fascinated by mysterious high performance military aircraft from the USSR and behind the Iron Curtain. Our fathers would sneak home intelligence and profile recognition manuals for us to “find” and look at. I remember how awed we were at the cool Yak-25 Flashlight, Mach 2 Mig-21, giant turbo-prop Bear bombers and the scarier “Red Threat” swept wing Bison nuclear weapon bomber. No American could imagine the disintegration of the mighty Soviet Empire. Just was not thinkable. I remember some years ago, peering through my binoculars at a 60’s era F-104 and Mig-21 flying in formation over the Oshkosh air show. My knees got weak. I never thought I would live to see such a sight. I have always been an admirer of the Russian people and their ability to translate advanced aeronautical concepts into economical, real world, field maintainable military aircraft. Please keep up the great work. I am intrigued with ER. I recommend it to my friends as a wonderful insight into all aspects of the spirit of the Russian people. (And your girls are the best looking in the world, in my humble opinion).