27 Abandoned Bunker Runo, Belarus

Abandoned Bunker Runo, Belarus

Posted on October 6, 2011 by

A two-storey bunker is hidden in the forest not far from a big military aerodrome. It was built in 1970s. After the bomber aviation had been de-escalated from Belarus, the bunker has been used as a communication center of air forces until 2003. Now it is completely abandoned.

The bunker is situated in the forest. Its entrance gets filled up from time to time but locals are more persistent.

27 Responses to “Abandoned Bunker Runo, Belarus”

1. Archy Bunka says:

Very cool stuff.
    A warning to the photographer who bravely entered this place: Having worked in the underground for many years, I can tell you to beware of “dead air” in such places that lack ventilation underground. Don’t push your luck, the danger is very real in that you may enter such a place and never leave. How long can you breathe dead air? Not long enough.

• marxistworker says:

Come look at factory I work in (lots of dead air, as well as “dead heads”). And concerning “the underground”- I don’t work in the underground, but I have to keep my beliefs underground; one cannot afford to be laid off in a capitalist system. Concerning this post: Stalinism needed paranoia like capitalism needs class division.

• Archy Bunka says:

I feel your pain my friend. I believe it is your right to express your opinions no matter how wrong they are, just kiddin.
        Seriously, MW, if you were in a similar situation, say, in France you would be a hero, smoke a filter less cigarette and get laid much, French girls love a disgruntled socialist.

• marxistworker says:

Ha, ha! I wouldn’t fit in in France; once you’re born in the U.S. you acquire the American individualism and genetic distrust of power. As much as one tries to deny it, Americans and Europeans ARE different.

2. Verto says:

Authorities must try to introduce “abandon tourism” in former USSR ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !for the good of coming generations and also “abandoned sites” ! ! ! ! ! !

3. geoff says:

This place was a defence against giant bombs, probably neuclear bombs. How many countries have neuclear bombs as “DEFENCE”. The world spends nearly two trillion dollars on defence. (What would you spend that money on?)

It is simple, JUST REFUSE TO HURT ANY BODY ELSE .

• Archy Bunka says:

What needs to be done is outlaw the exporting of weapons.
      Then limit the amount of money spent on defense to a certain percentage of GNP, yet to be determined, say, 3 percent.
      It’s grotesque what governments spend on defense.

• ayaa says:

There, is a slight problem. Even if one party refuses to hurt any body else, there is no guarantee that ANYONE else will.

• geoff says:

Let change for the better start somewhere.

• ayaa says:

You go ahead. As long as there are differences between us, there will likely be arguments. And as long as there are arguments, there will likely be conflicts.

It’s a chance I’m not willing to take, unless everyone else is ready to.

• ayaa says:

Geoff, I don’t think you would say the same thing If you were a Russian between 1941 and 1944. Or if you came to my grandparents home.

And even if you won’t fight for your country, I will fight for mine. Clear?

• geoff says:

So change for the better will never start in Russia!

You are still the same people that invaded Poland and destroyed Afghanistan

• ayaa says:

And you are the same people that have absolutely no military history of your own, atleast not until you compare it to Swaziland. All you’ve ever done is go and cook for the Americans and the British, scrub their latrines, and just let them be your masters.

It’s not the Russian Army that’s destroying Afghanistan is it? It’s NATO, the world’s most powerful and most lovable military. They have never killed a single civilian, never laid waste to even a single street, and have never committed any war crimes at all. The ultimate protectors of freedom and democracy, and what was it again, oh yes. Western imperialism.

• ayaa says:

Don’t be disheartened by ur comment ratings. Just keeping posting your pacifist ideas that have always been rejected and will continue to be rejected for the perceivable future.

• geoff says:

I apologize for my uncalled for and rude remark.

ayaa I do believe we can have a world where the protector of freedom and democracy is just peoples care and consideration for other people.

• ayaa says:

Apology accepted. For my part, I’m sorry for lashing out at Australia like that. There is nothing with wrong with your ideas, it’s just that it doesn’t seem plausible. Some one else said that there will be no peace as long as there is a human race.
                I’m not taking it all back, especially not what I said about NATO in afghanistan, just making peace.

• geoff says:

Russia Afghanistan from feb 1979 to may 1985

• ayaa says:

Oh. So I should start again. Now that you’ve brought it up, just compare the Soviet operation to the NATO one. Pay special attention to committed forces, airpower available, tactical and strategic situation, civilian casualties and the resistance from the local people. And don’t forget the motives for invasion, both in 1979 and 2001.

• geoff says:

Ignore that last comment. From my understanding the Russian army was asked by the afghan Government to come in.

• bengt says:

Peace can be achieved. We must just get rid of our corrupted leaders, policians and banksters and have persons that truly works for the best of humanity..

4. geoff says:

ayaa I do not expect you to take anything back, and you do not need to start again. Putting the 1979 to 1985 thing was an accident, please believe that, me and my computer do not get along very well. I think it is fantastic how you can read and write in English as well as (I imagine) Russian

• ayaa says:

Thanks. Actually a lot Russians, especially the post-Soviet generation can understand and speak adequate english. For me, I was born in 1979, but I learned my English during my active service in the spetsnaz.

5. tommo says:

Wow only ’03? makes me feel old and I’m 23. Makes you wonder how fast everything would deteriorate if all humans died tomorrow.