Very interesting facts about Ukraine that you haven't probably known before.
1. Most words in the Ukrainian language starts with the letter "п". The most frequently used letter of the Ukrainian alphabet - "о". The letters "ф" and "г" are used least often.
2. George Gershwin wrote one of the world's most famous songs, "Summertime", after being inspired by an old Ukrainian lullaby called "Sleep Is Tiptoeing About" performed by the Ukrainian National Chorus.
3. The third most visited McDonald's in the world is located in Kiev, near the train station. This restaurant has always been in the top five most crowded McDonald's in the world. Last year, it served 2.283.399 visitors.
4. Arsenalnaya Metro Station located in Kiev is the deepest in the world (105 meters). The station was built in 1960, very close to the House of Parliament. According to some reports, the tunnels near Arsenalnaya house secret shelters built specially for the political elite.
5. Ukrainians are the fifth most-drinking nation in the world. Only Moldavians, Russians, Hungarians and Czechs are ahead of them. An average Ukrainian older than 15 drinks 15.6 liters of alcohol a year (it's a liter more than an Irishman and almost two liters more than a Norwegian).
6. The Ukrainian national anthem consists of only six lines (four in a verse and two in a chorus). The remaining verses of the anthem are considered politically incorrect. ("We'll stand, brothers, in bloody battle, from the Syan to the Don" implies a claim to the territories of Russia and Poland).
7. In Europe, the police solve 30-40% of crimes, in Ukraine - 90%. This unnaturally good statistics is the result of the reluctance of the Ukrainian policemen to record "hopeless" cases (like thefts of mobile phones) and knock confessions out of suspects.