26 What Modern Tbilisi Looks Like

What Modern Tbilisi Looks Like

Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia, has seen a lot of changes in the last couple of years. Old buildings go through the stage of reconstruction, the city is clean and nice. In case of a better service the place would resemble a European city.

Many buildings in the old streets in the center of the city have gone through the stage of reconstruction.

Regular houses typical of the Soviet epoch are located in the suburbs.

26 Responses to “What Modern Tbilisi Looks Like”

1. Marked One says:

There’s no more damage or dereliction in these photos than you would see in any capital in Europe. Just explore Paris or London slightly off the tourist trail

2. testicules says:

This city looks very attractive. The mix of modern and the old reminds me of parts of malaysia. The commentary is shamefully biased. Why even show these pictures if you hate Georgia so much. From these pictures I would put Georgia on my list of places to visit.

• marxistworker says:

Unfortunately, no media is unbiased. Just do the research yourself on something you’re interested in but make it from a large variety. No U.S. news is unbiased. The most unbiased news source I’ve found is BBC News. If you go to Georgia, submit a pic of you in Gori at the J.Stalin Museum. And wear a Marlins cap in the pic.

• (r)evolutionist says:

Love/hate relationships. Many of us have had them…

3. Leningradsky says:

Tbilisi citizens call the bridge Always sanitary towel.

4. Anon150 says:

This looks like a city with some real possibilities!

With a little coordination and some general agreement among the people, I’d be willing to bet some juicy tourist/travel dollars could be brought into Tblisi.

Good luck to Georgia!

5. Uncledoh says:

looks good and has a certain charm.

6. luther says:

Hope the bridge of peace holds up in a windstorm.

7. Duncan says:

A very beautiful city, love the last night shot. Just gorgeous.

8. Vladimir Kobikchov says:

It looks like a very nice place but sadly it will not last. The north and south Osetia issue will continue to plague Georgia over and over.

9. Musa says:

I know that’s a really cool picture. :)

10. scowl says:

Well, now I know where my silver corvette ended up. I sure hope the new “owner” is enjoying it.

11. Boston Bloke says:

Bridge of Peace is a nice example of architecture. Let’s just hope Georgia’s neighbors understand the meaning of the word “peace”!

12. marxistworker says:

Well folks here we are again (in Georgia). Home of that Bolshevik killing, marxist hating sociopath Tsar Djugashvili. Kind of like being in Texas. Both places have a lot of hillbillies (internally if not externally).

13. giorgi says:

The first photo looks very strange to me. A building with many windows seems to be the Philharmonic Hall, but I really do not remember so many apartment buildings up on the hill seen on the picture. A building with a dome on the left side of the Philharmonic Hall is definitely Tbilisi State University, but that’s also strange, because the university in fact should not be on that side. can someone tell me from where this picture is taken?

14. Boritz says:

Not bad. Looks like they filled in most of the bomb craters.

15. Bloodhound says:

But seriously, there is nothing to write home about Tbilisi in all honesty. Looks like a Gheto i know in Cairo.

16. John says:

What Tbilisi has to do with Russia ?
    You Russians never learn
    Your empire is gone FOREVER

17. Patrick says:

Tbilisi is a very beautiful city. I’m from America and found it very charming and the people were wonderful. Georgia is a great country! Some of the pictures don’t show the nicer parts of Tbilisi at all.

18. USSR says:

Liked The Church of Holy trinity… But the rest of the city is the mixture of old Soviet era block buildings and shanty houses. And presidental palace looks kitchy too surrounded by slums.

19. Natalia says:

The first photo is just a photoshop :) the buildins shown on it are located in an absolutely different parts of the city and collected here for an “impression”. And the comment about the TV tower being on only once is just reduculous :) I see it from my window every day :)) Anyways, the purpose of this entire post is more than clear…