14 Training Artillerymen In Mulino

Training Artillerymen In Mulino

Today we’ll visit a military field camp, main command post and control center of artillery units located in Mulino.

The field camp.

14 Responses to “Training Artillerymen In Mulino”

1. Boritz says:

Ha! Third picture, woman photo-journalist gravitates to mirror, even in remote camp. Women are the same everywhere.

2. ayaa says:

Da zdravstvuetrusskaya armiya.
    Slava vam.

3. Otis R. Needleman says:

I wish these men well. Hope they are well treated and provided for.

4. testicules says:

I wonder how those rockets compare to the HIMARS.

• ayaa says:

They compare just fine. Infact, given that the Smerch has a range of around 900km compared to the approx.500km of the HIMARS, the Smerch has the upper hand.

• testicules says:

I think your numbers are wrong

“Smerch fires the 300mm 9M55K rocket. This has a solid propellant rocket motor. Firing range is from 20km to 70km. The 9M55K rocket is 7.5m long and weighs over 800kg.”

I know the HIMARS uses the same rockets as the MLRS system. Max range on the Block 1a is stated at 300km. Not sure on the Nuke variant. Might be longer.

• ayaa says:

Your right. The actual numbers are 10 times higher. My bad.

And I don’t think that website is exactly accurate or unbiased. I’ve worked with the Smerch as well as well as the Uragan in exercises, the real range for the Smerch is between 75-90km. I’m not sure about the HIMARS, but if you have experience with them then I won’t doubt you.

5. mono says:

Have you seen any pictures from Iraq or Afghanistan? It looks like all of the soldiers are 16-20 years old.

6. amaabo says:

either that or he’s a weirdo nerd in Tbilisi or Tallinn or Riga or Vilnius.
    LOL

7. amaabo says:

Either that or he’s a wimped up nerd in Tbilisi or Tallinn or Riga or Vilnius.
    LoL.

8. bigaussieboris says:

just like your army in afganistan, another great victory for soviet arms.lol

• ayaa says:

Your comment is self-contradictory, when you mentioned the Soviet Army as compared to the Russian Army.

Pity that the Australian Army has no history of itself to compare.

9. John says:

Take a good look at these pictures because if you remove rhe rockets from it the rest is early XX -th century technology