18 Two DIY Things

Two DIY Things

Posted on August 6, 2011 by kulichik

Can you boast of making things with your own hands? Below you will find several instructions which will guide you through the construction process of a subwoofer and a telescope.

Sure, buying a subwoofer is a simple thing. But don't you think that making it at home is much more interesting? First  saw an old bookcase.

Make an aperture.

18 Responses to “Two DIY Things”

1. marxistworker says:

My compliments to the intelligent Comrade who built this telescope. Telescopes are time machines. This Comrade will be looking into a distant past. I hope his/her Daughter becomes an astronomer.

2. Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here. Very cool. Radio Shack’s got most of the speaker parts. I rebuilt old blown out speakers with their parts. Much simpler than what this person did.

• marxistworker says:

What kind of music do you listen to? Springsteen’s “Born in the U.S.A?” (just joking)

• Archy Bunka says:

What do you listen to? The Internationale?

While we are on the subject of entertainment, have you ever seen “Volunteers” starring John Candy? Very funny movie, you’ll like it trust me.

I enjoy music, Frank Zappa was one of my favorites. I like old Hank Williams Sr. too. Many others, Bruce, I was never that crazy about, I thought a little known album of his, “Nebraska” was really good.

• Archy Bunka says:

I realized that I had never actually listened to “The Internationale” what an incredibly boring piece of dog doo. Not worthy of the truly great Russian composers of the past, not remotely close. Give me Rachmaninoff.

• marxistworker says:

I have not seen “Volunteers.”The Internationale” is not boring, but it’s not my favorite. My (lame) joke was a play on you being semi-patriotic. You know I’m not going to listen to Country (too red, white, and blue) or jazz or urban (too “cultural”) or most rock and roll (too loud- I get enough noise at the machine shop). That leaves folk, my early rising East Coast friend. Try Nick Drake, Tim Hardin, and Townes Van Zandt.

3. OLUT says:

Ingenuity is still alive!

4. L.S.Zlatopolsky says:

Stereo speakers and telescopes, yes.
    Homemade nuclear reactors, no. (fellow in Sweden building a nuke reactor in his kitchen)

5. (r)evolutionist says:

Because of some shortages in the Soviet era, industrious people improvised and created/altered numerous items. These DIYers could be their children.

6. Yanov Uskhar says:

Good informative article although as it started out it the projects looked fairly easy but as the article progressed it appeared that getting the desired result was way to complicated for me.With my meager mechanical abilities it would take at least a hundred years to finish either of these projects but to those of you that have the ability to create things I wish you the best.

7. Keroro says:

I luv those МБГО (metal-paper) condensers. True audiophile way.

8. Musa says:

I enjoy these “DIY Posts” here. Thanks for sharing.

9. testicules says: