18 Assorted Russia, Part 21

Assorted Russia, Part 21

Posted on July 30, 2011 by kulichik

Below is another collection of pictures devoted to different issues and united under the same heading. Enjoy!

The 'too smart' guy got a bazooka in order to shoot at the train with bricks. He was very proud of his behavior and even posted the pictures on his blog. What he didn't take into account was the fact that this was a passenger train and a hundreds of people could suffer if his aim was very good.

It happens that you neighbors go away for a long time while you have to face the leakage. Well, a stretched ceiling can be a good way out as it can cope with all the water. The question is: How Long?

18 Responses to “Assorted Russia, Part 21”

1. Archy Bunka says:

A. Bunka here. What island is that where Gorby keeps his money? The film at the end, very funny, reminds me of the silent era…

2. Musa says:

I use to have something like that analog calculator when I was a child. I loved that thing and then one day it disappeared. I believe it was red and gold colored metal and the stylus had a two prong holder for it on the side.

3. Regnard says:

Arithmometer? Great device, one of my friends discovered similar one somewhere in his grandfather’s house. Great piece of engineering work. Visit also this webpage: http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html – museum of Soviet calculators, especially the “Mechanical Monster” section :)

4. YJ says:

Not as exciting compare to people who lay on the train track with train running over them.

5. Boritz says:

If I were train driver, I’d stop and beat the &@#* out of Bazooka Boy.

6. marxistworker says:

We owe Leonardo of Pisa and his “Liber Abaci” (1202) for bringing math “to the masses.”

7. viktor says:

After looking at that train restroom, I almost threw up.

8. Cindy says:

“First” mechanical calculator? Umm, I think the Chinese actually invented one a few thousand years ago- the abacus!

• historian says:

Sorry but I dont see any mechanics if I look at my abacus. And the abacus isnt a chinese invention, if you mean by chinese the normal han chinese. Although the inventation place is near to china.

9. Gerry says:

These railway tickets with all the useless numbers and codes are not the worst thing in Ukrainian railways. The worst thing is that if you are not a russian speaker, it’s virtual impossible to get such a ticket because NOBODY knows any foreign language and nobody has desire to help you. Also, you need to show you passport in order to buy a ticket (probably a remain from soviet rules) which they won’t easily accept because they can’t read your name in latin letters. From own experience.

10. testicules says: